From: create_share on
Hi!

I have Forefront Security for Exchange 2007. Some of its scan engines
updates are failing with the message for example "Failed update of cavet scan
engine".

Is it a known issue and is there any solution?

Thanks!
From: Rich Matheisen [MVP] on
On Sat, 6 Mar 2010 10:17:03 -0800, create_share
<createshare(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi!
>
>I have Forefront Security for Exchange 2007. Some of its scan engines
>updates are failing with the message for example "Failed update of cavet scan
>engine".
>
>Is it a known issue and is there any solution?

That engine and two others have been dropped. You should have been
receiving e-mail from your Forefront software regularly about this
since sometime early in Q4 of 2009 (at least you should if you have
Forefront configured to send critical warnings to an e-mail address).

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/forefront/serversecurity/dd940095.aspx
---
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
From: create_share on
I am receiving e-mails from Forefront about updates daily but is it possible
to be informed about changes in scan engines' status by Microsoft?

Thanks!