From: big on
In my organization the edge 2007 sp1 role was installed in the same
subnet of exchange 2007 sp1(HUB CAS...).
I know that isn't a good choice so I want to move the server in
perimeter network.
what is the best choice? (both servers are in production)
a) create a new edge in perimeter network
b) reconfigure the current edge.

I'll appreciate eventually howto.

From: Ed Crowley [MVP] on
I really don't think it matters, actually. The key is that the hub
transport server must be able to communicate with the edge server, so you'll
probably need a static A record in your internal DNS for the edge server.
Other things could influence your choice, like whether you joined it to the
domain.
--
Ed Crowley MVP
..

From: big on
So, I need to do following:
on EDGE
reconfiure network (IP gateway dns)
open the port on local firewall

In my internal DNS
add static A record for EDGE

On my firewall
open the port.

Nothing else, isn't it?
From: Ed Crowley [MVP] on
I can't say. I've never done it before.
--
Ed Crowley MVP
..

From: big on
We started (last year) the installation with the idea to install edge
in perimeter network but we have had some comunication problem with
hub (probably firewall constrain), so we decided to leave it in LAN.
We didn't join edge with AD
Now I know the correct ports that are needed to open, so I want to
move edge, but before to start I want to be sure about the activity
that I need to do.