From: drdouglasgordon on
My laptop is no longer updating properly.

I cannot update the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack and .NET
Framerwork 3.5 Family Update for .NET versions 2.0 through 3.5 (KB951847) x86.

I tried a few of the fixes online, turned off Avast during the
update...nothing.

Please advise....Thank you!
From: Shenan Stanley on
drdouglasgordon wrote:
> My laptop is no longer updating properly.
>
> I cannot update the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack and
> .NET Framerwork 3.5 Family Update for .NET versions 2.0 through 3.5
> (KB951847) x86.
>
> I tried a few of the fixes online, turned off Avast during the
> update...nothing.
>
> Please advise....Thank you!

Windows _____ ____________ Edition with Service Pack _, __-bit?

Uninstalled all .NET Frameworks and reinstalled?
Reset your Microsoft Update components?
Ran a full scan with MalwareBytes and SuperAntispyware?
If you have any third party firewalls, have you uninstalled them - not just
disabled?

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP