From: JustUs on
It seems that MSN Messenger and Windows Live Messenger are both being posted
here. Seems that I have the only post on the WLM Discussion ;)

Last night I couldn't use WLM until I updated. Install failed 5-6 times.
Even went directly to the download. No conflicting prgrams or so it said. I
shut ESET and Malwarebytes and other systray apps down - still failed.
Removed WLM via Add/Remove feature via Absolute Uninstaller (did not show in
Add/Remove - strange?) The next install failed. Removed all Live
applications, Installed - success. Launced WLM and told me I needed to update
(*&^%^*( grrrh! Rebooted an all is OK now, except Family Safety failed to
install. Most of this occured with the previous update as well, but didn't
have to uninstall all the Live applications.

Looks like the conflicting programs were its own ..... lol

Why am I forced to update something that on my system is working, not borken?

Now running Version 2009 14.0.8117.416
From: JustUs on
I just read in one of the other posts that the WLM discussion has been
closed. Well, isn't that just dandy ... It would be good then to let the
poster know that it is so and not allowing a post ... Now I feel kinda of
(*$^Y@#O)(* Oh well, not the first time. Anyway, I hope the original post is
helpful to some.

From: StephenB on
Help and Support for Windows Live Messenger (downloaded from
http://download.live.com) can be found here:
http://windowslivehelp.com/product.aspx?productid=2

Typically a forced upgrade happens because of a security issue or the inability
to continue to support the older version due to a planned change in technology.
An optional upgrade is offered to provide new features and bug fixes.

-steve

--
Stephen Boots
MVP Windows Live