From: Charles Galloway on
No replies yet about this yet - anyone help please?

From: StephenB on
Each of the folders refers to "logs" so they will contain log files. I suspect
that no harm will come from deleting the contents, though many will be recreated
when you run the associated applications. In some cases, the setup logs are used
by the program's uninstaller, so you could face issues in the future if choosing
to uninstall. I don't know if that is the case with the Windows Live Essentials
programs.
Note, however, that this newsgroup is for MSN Messenger. Your first set of
directories are for Windows Live Messenger and other parts of Essentials. You
may get better traction over at http://windowslivehelp.com for that part of your
question. The second section of your list are Windows and .Net Framework
directories and have nothing to do with Messenger or Windows Live. You may want
to seek advice at http://answers.microsoft.com in the XP forums.
Personally, I would not bother deleting these files as they truly do not take up
much space, nor will removing them improve the PC performance. And, while I
think they can be removed, doing so might cause issues - so, why remove them?
-steve

--
Stephen Boots
MVP Windows Live