From: MKuria on
I have created an update query to update a master file. When I run the
select query to view the records I need to update - I see the correct data.
When I change query to update query and enter the table to update and run
update query. The query is updating the source table (Change Form) instead
of table indicated (AMT Per MAS) to update to....Strange.. I am using Access
2003
Below is the SQL.

UPDATE [AMT Per MAS] INNER JOIN [Change Form] ON [AMT Per MAS].ID = [Change
Form].ID SET [Change Form].[FROM AMT Assignment] = [AMT Per MAS]![FROM AMT],
[Change Form 2].[TO AMT] = [AMT Per MAS]![TO AMT]
WHERE ((([Change Form].ID) Is Not Null));
--
mmk
From: Daryl S on
MKuria -

Your update query is set up to update the [ChangeForm] fields. If you want
to update the [AMT Per MAS] fields, then the query should look like this:

UPDATE [AMT Per MAS] INNER JOIN [Change Form] ON [AMT Per MAS].ID = [Change
Form].ID SET [AMT Per MAS]![FROM AMT] = [Change Form].[FROM AMT Assignment],
[AMT Per MAS]![TO AMT] = [Change Form 2].[TO AMT]
WHERE ((([Change Form].ID) Is Not Null));

--
Daryl S