From: John Spencer on
Pending: IIF(Serve D] is Null and [Returned d] is Null, 1,0)

John Spencer
Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2010
The Hilltop Institute
University of Maryland Baltimore County

From: Iram on
Hello fellas,
I added the below calculated fields to the query and adjusted the names.
DispodWithin30Days: (DateDiff("d",[In Date],NZ([Serve D],[Return D]))<=30)
DispodWithin60Days: (DateDiff("d",[In Date],NZ([Serve D],[Return D]))<=60)
DispodWithin90Days: (DateDiff("d",[In Date],NZ([Serve D],[Return D]))<=90)

Problem, if there is a Serve D or a Return D within one month of the In Date
than all three calculated fields become -1. This is because the Serve or
Return date is less than 90 days and less than 60 and less than 30. How can I
fix this?

When I added the below calculation get an error...
Pending: IIF(Serve D] is Null and [Return D] is Null, 1,0)

Error:
The expression you entered contains invalid syntax
You may have entered an operand without an operator.

Your help is greatly appreciated!
Thanks.
Iram/mcp

From: John W. Vinson on
On Fri, 5 Mar 2010 14:16:17 -0800, Iram <Iram(a)discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>Problem, if there is a Serve D or a Return D within one month of the In Date
>than all three calculated fields become -1. This is because the Serve or
>Return date is less than 90 days and less than 60 and less than 30. How can I
>fix this?
>
>When I added the below calculation get an error...
>Pending: IIF(Serve D] is Null and [Return D] is Null, 1,0)
>
>Error:
>The expression you entered contains invalid syntax
>You may have entered an operand without an operator.

Use more stringent criteria, and change the syntax of the IIF:

DispodWithin30Days: (DateDiff("d",[In Date],NZ([Serve D],[Return D]))<=30)
DispodWithin60Days: (DateDiff("d",[In Date],NZ([Serve D],[Return D]))>30 AND
DateDiff("d",[In Date],NZ([Serve D],[Return D]))<=60)
DispodWithin90Days: (DateDiff("d",[In Date],NZ([Serve D],[Return D]))>60 AND
DateDiff("d",[In Date],NZ([Serve D],[Return D]))<=90)

Pending: IIF(IsNull([Serve D]) AND IsNull( [Return D]),-1,0)

You're not explicitly catching records that never get returned at all... you
might want to add a new one checking for > 90.
--

John W. Vinson [MVP]
From: Iram on
Thank you John V. the calculated fields worked perfectly!
Question: Why can't I see these calculated fields in a new repot which
inlcude the calculated fields? In the query I see -1's and 0's but in the
report I don't see these -1's and 0's, nothing is appearing. The report
wizard made text boxes boxes for the calculated fields so then I removed them
and place check boxes in there places and still nothing. Any suggestions?

Thanks.
Iram/mcp

From: Iram on
John, some how the -1's and 0's started to appear in the reports, all is good!

I don't know what I would do with out you guys!
I am really happy and appreciative of your guys efforts!

Thanks John W. Vinson and John Spencer

Iram/mcp