From: data _null_; on
On Aug 12, 2:55 pm, kwu0914 <kwu0...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Aug 12, 3:08 pm, "data _null_;" <datan...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> > > How to update B if changes of A is recorded in audit trail? Thanks for
> > > your reply!- Hide quoted text -

> > I didn't understand I thought you just wanted to track changes in A.
>
> > So A is transaction data for B?
>
> > How do you update B now?  Show code with example data would be good.- Hide quoted text -

> data A;
>    input x @@;
>    datalines;
>    1 2 3 4 876 98 09056
> ;
> run;
>
> data B;   /* QUERY_B */
>     set A;
>     if x < 100;
> run;
>
>  "A" was update everyday, so I have to submit "QUERY_B" to update B
> and it take long time.
> My question is: is it possible to update B without submitting
> "QUERY_B"?
> Audit trail is useful to track the changes in A. Is it possible to use
> that audit trail info to update
> B?
>
> Did I describe the problem clearly? Thanls!- Hide quoted text -

You are subsetting B based in a constant. I don't call that
updating. It does recreate B with possibly new data.

If you know what was changed(audit data) in A how would you use that
information to add or delete of changes records in B. This is what
variables are required complete those operations?
From: kwu0914 on
On Aug 12, 4:46 pm, "data _null_;" <datan...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Aug 12, 2:55 pm, kwu0914 <kwu0...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> > > I didn't understand I thought you just wanted to track changes in A.
>
> > > So A is transaction data for B?
>
> > > How do you update B now?  Show code with example data would be good..- Hide quoted text -

> > data A;
> >    input x @@;
> >    datalines;
> >    1 2 3 4 876 98 09056
> > ;
> > run;
>
> > data B;   /* QUERY_B */
> >     set A;
> >     if x < 100;
> > run;
>
> >  "A" was update everyday, so I have to submit "QUERY_B" to update B
> > and it take long time.
> > My question is: is it possible to update B without submitting
> > "QUERY_B"?
> > Audit trail is useful to track the changes in A. Is it possible to use
> > that audit trail info to update
> > B?
>
> > Did I describe the problem clearly? Thanls!- Hide quoted text -

> You are subsetting B based in a constant.  I don't call that
> updating.  It does recreate B with possibly new data.
>
> If you know what was changed(audit data) in A how would you use that
> information to add or delete of changes records in B.  This is what
> variables are required complete those operations?- Hide quoted text -

I got what I need by using the audit trail file. Thank you, data_null!