From: barry gilbert on
Cannot install KB 979906. Although my history lookup shows that the .NET
framework 3.5 SP1 (KB 982168) was successfully installed, automatic updates
wants to re-install this update as well as the update that fails to install.

url:http://www.ureader.com/gp/1289-1.aspx
From: Peter Foldes on
Barry

First run the Fix It in this KB article & see if the update will install
after doing so:

How to fix MSI software update registration corruption issues
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971187

If no joy, see...

When installing updates using Windows update or Microsoft Update you may
receive Error 0x643 or 0x80070643
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/976982

--
Peter