From: Fredrik on
i cant trace for new updates?

error code 800F0818

Help pls!
From: Shenan Stanley on
Fredrik wrote:
> i cant trace for new updates?
>
> error code 800F0818
>
> Help pls!

Any other pertinent details you could provide would be fantastic.

Operating System?
Service Pack level of said operating system?
What have you tried?
What antivirus application is now installed/has ever been installed?
What antispyware/antiadware applications are you/have you using/used?

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

From: Ǝиçεl on
Hello Fredrik,

0x800f0818 CBS_E_IDENTITY_MISMATCH container package points to a package
manifest whose identity doesn't match the identity specified

What Operating System and Service Pack level are you using?, and perhaps
what other antivirus or antimalware software you may have installed, Security
suite and firewall, etc. etc.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

Which Windows Update are you referring to?

Ǝиçεl
©¿©¬
-=-

From: Fredrik on
Hi again!

I have Windows Vista Home Premium / Service pack 2

Norton Internet Security and
Ad-Aware (free version)

I have tried:
Shut of Norton firewall and try to update windows with same error result.
Shut down Ad-Watch Live and try to update windows with same error result.
Windows firewall is down.

/Brgds

From: deckernuthouse on
I get the same error ! For months now been looking for the answer but no
help to be found.