From: Ryan Curtis on
okay .. so I'm finally being *forced* to upgrade my MSN Messenger despite
being perfectly happy with the old one (and yes I'm still perfectly happy
with IE 6.0 too - thanks for asking).

So ... it won't let me use the old version but also won't let me upgrade to
the new version because there is a problem with updating the Photo Gallery
(yes i know - the auto updates have been failing for the last 18 months which
is why i switched it off).

I can't uninstall Photo gallery because it tells me that either the patch
thingy doesn't exist or i'm not allowed to access it (or both) ... advises to
contact application vendor whose site tells me to download the new version
(goto line 1 loop)

Any ideas? I don't have my Windows XP discs anymore ... one of my kids
borrowed them when they went to Uni and lost them (years ago) .. i still have
my Office XP discs though.