From: Mawa_fugo on
Hi all,

There's an instance of BRAM in spartan3 device. I used coregen with
*.coe file to init the data for the memory module

My question, is there anyway to edit the mcs file (we use flatform
flash for config) to change the content of init data ..."without spend
20 minutes to re-run the whole ISE processes

Thanks,

From: John_H on
On Mar 19, 3:01 pm, Mawa_fugo <cco...(a)netscape.net> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> There's an instance of BRAM in spartan3 device.  I used coregen with
> *.coe file to init the data for the memory module
>
> My question, is there anyway to edit the mcs file (we use flatform
> flash for config) to change the content of init data ..."without spend
> 20 minutes to re-run the whole ISE processes
>
> Thanks,

"There's an app for that."

http://www.xilinx.com/products/ipcenter/dr_dt_data2mem.htm
From: Mawa_fugo on
On Mar 19, 2:17 pm, John_H <newsgr...(a)johnhandwork.com> wrote:
> On Mar 19, 3:01 pm, Mawa_fugo <cco...(a)netscape.net> wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
>
> > There's an instance of BRAM in spartan3 device.  I used coregen with
> > *.coe file to init the data for the memory module
>
> > My question, is there anyway to edit the mcs file (we use flatform
> > flash for config) to change the content of init data ..."without spend
> > 20 minutes to re-run the whole ISE processes
>
> > Thanks,
>
> "There's an app for that."
>
> http://www.xilinx.com/products/ipcenter/dr_dt_data2mem.htm

Thanks for the link, I do search around and all route to that page..
But I'm not sure I can get anything,
Is there any download-able thing ?

Thanks
From: John_H on
On Mar 19, 3:55 pm, Mawa_fugo <cco...(a)netscape.net> wrote:
> On Mar 19, 2:17 pm, John_H <newsgr...(a)johnhandwork.com> wrote:
>

> > On Mar 19, 3:01 pm, Mawa_fugo <cco...(a)netscape.net> wrote:
>
> > > Hi all,
>
> > > There's an instance of BRAM in spartan3 device.  I used coregen with
> > > *.coe file to init the data for the memory module
>
> > > My question, is there anyway to edit the mcs file (we use flatform
> > > flash for config) to change the content of init data ..."without spend
> > > 20 minutes to re-run the whole ISE processes
>
> > > Thanks,
>
> > "There's an app for that."
>
> >http://www.xilinx.com/products/ipcenter/dr_dt_data2mem.htm
>
> Thanks for the link, I do search around and all route to that page..
> But I'm not sure I can get anything,
> Is there any download-able thing ?
>
> Thanks

Have you looked in your Xilinx directories for your installed ISE?

From a random sell sheet:

ISE™ WebPack FPGA Design Tool Suite
• Timing driven FPGA hardware implementation tools
• Design entry, synthesis and verification capabilities
• Data2MEM – application for loading on-chip memory

It looks like it's included standard.
From: Mawa_fugo on
On Mar 19, 10:05 pm, John_H <newsgr...(a)johnhandwork.com> wrote:
> On Mar 19, 3:55 pm, Mawa_fugo <cco...(a)netscape.net> wrote:

> > > "There's an app for that."
>
> > >http://www.xilinx.com/products/ipcenter/dr_dt_data2mem.htm
>
> > Thanks for the link, I do search around and all route to that page..
> > But I'm not sure I can get anything,
> > Is there any download-able thing ?
>
> > Thanks
>
> Have you looked in your Xilinx directories for your installed ISE?
>
> From a random sell sheet:
>
> ISE™ WebPack FPGA Design Tool Suite
> • Timing driven FPGA hardware implementation tools
> • Design entry, synthesis and verification capabilities
> • Data2MEM – application for loading on-chip memory
>
> It looks like it's included standard.

Yes, I see that execute file data2mem, look like old day command
line. Guessing it's just another non-user-friendly Xilnx apps ;-)

Thanks