From: Sparky Pete. on
I keep getting the following update via windows 7 update. (last time I
installed it again.)
I have now installed the same update 3 times and as you can see it says its
successful every time.
I even done a resart stright after even thow it does not ask me to.
Is there a reason why windows 7 update does not reconise I have already
installed this update?

Microsoft driver update for HP Photosmart 2570 series

Installation date: ‎22/‎04/‎2010 22:23

Installation status: Successful

Update type: Optional

This driver was provided by Microsoft for support of HP Photosmart 2570 series

More information:
http://winqual.microsoft.com/support/?driverid=4188

Help and Support:
http://support.microsoft.com/select/?target=hub

From: MowGreen on
Who can resist ? Answers inline -

Sparky Pete. wrote:
> I keep getting the following update via windows 7 update. (last time I
> installed it again.)
> I have now installed the same update 3 times and as you can see it says its
> successful every time.

Nope. We can't see it. What does it look like ?

> I even done a resart stright after even thow it does not ask me to.

It's a good thing you did it straight and was not
drinking/ingesting/smoking something that would alter your
consciousness. And, you were polite to restart without being asked to.

> Is there a reason why windows 7 update does not reconise I have already
> installed this update?

It's looking for the "g" ?

> Microsoft driver update for HP Photosmart 2570 series
>
> Installation date: ‎22/‎04/‎2010 22:23
>
> Installation status: Successful
>
> Update type: Optional

Oh, an Optional update. Does the HP Photosmart 2570 work the way you
want it to ? If the answer is yes, then you can Hide the update. The
hiding procedure is the same as in Vista:

http://www.petri.co.il/hide_updates_windows_vista.htm

http://www.petri.co.il/images/929777_upd_vista_12.gif

" If you right-click the update you want to hide, and select Hide
Update, you'll see that not only it's un-selected, but it will also
become "grayed out". It's hard to notice, but if you look closer you'll
see it. "

> This driver was provided by Microsoft for support of HP Photosmart 2570 series
>
> More information:
> http://winqual.microsoft.com/support/?driverid=4188
>
> Help and Support:
> http://support.microsoft.com/select/?target=hub

IF the HP Photosmart 2570 does NOT function the way you want it to,
suggest you visit hp.com and obtain the driver from them.

MowGreen
================
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
================

banthecheck.com
From: Sparky Pete. on
Thanks for your comments. I have had the option to update again and yes I
have hidden the update now. But why does windows update think I require an
update as you said If its working fine why would I want it to Update.

Info:- Hp Driver from their web site is no good for the printer anyway on
Vista or Win7. Already tried it. Don't have it installed only have Basic
driver via windows.

From: MowGreen on
Sparky Pete. wrote:
> But why does windows update think I require an
> update as you said If its working fine why would I want it to Update.

What's happening is that when the printer is not powered on at the same
time that the computer is, then Windows Update will offer the drivers
for it as it appears to "assume" that the printer needs the drivers in
order to function.
So the question is ... does the printer work with the basic driver ?
If yes, then Hide the offered update.

MowGreen
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten