From: jeffl on
After going to GC to swap out my Metal Foundry discs (and I also ended up
buying the New York legacy series) I'm in about 6 hours trying to get this
to work-yikes! The Metal Foundry has loaded the first disc successfully
onto my DAW but when I move to the 2nd disc it hangs up in the same place
the last batch of metal foundry discs I had-appears I have made a
mistake --it isn't the discs after all--(shoulda listened to Glennbo).

Okay-now it looks as though my dvd drive is bad. Jim Roseberry was good
enough to help me over the phone and is sending out a swap for it.

I don't really want to wait for my new drive to get here

-Can I just load the rest of the dvds (samples only) thru my internet
computer onto an external drive and copy them into the folder --or do I have
to go thru the 1st dvd: ie-start the "install" process and install the dvds
as the program prompts. If I go thru the 1st dvd-will it automatically
store everything onto the external drive (Including program files--assuming
the metal foundry has some extra program files of its own even tho it is run
thru the Superior Drummer 2.0)--and would I just drag this into my DAW into
my sample storage drive-will this work?--just want some input before i spend
more time loading all this stuff

(as always)-any help appreciated
Jeff

From: John Braner on
jeffl wrote:
> After going to GC to swap out my Metal Foundry discs (and I also ended
> up buying the New York legacy series) I'm in about 6 hours trying to get
> this to work-yikes! The Metal Foundry has loaded the first disc
> successfully onto my DAW but when I move to the 2nd disc it hangs up in
> the same place the last batch of metal foundry discs I had-appears I
> have made a mistake --it isn't the discs after all--(shoulda listened to
> Glennbo).
>
> Okay-now it looks as though my dvd drive is bad. Jim Roseberry was good
> enough to help me over the phone and is sending out a swap for it.
>
> I don't really want to wait for my new drive to get here
>
> -Can I just load the rest of the dvds (samples only) thru my internet
> computer onto an external drive and copy them into the folder --or do I
> have to go thru the 1st dvd: ie-start the "install" process and install
> the dvds as the program prompts. If I go thru the 1st dvd-will it
> automatically store everything onto the external drive (Including
> program files--assuming the metal foundry has some extra program files
> of its own even tho it is run thru the Superior Drummer 2.0)--and would
> I just drag this into my DAW into my sample storage drive-will this
> work?--just want some input before i spend more time loading all this stuff
>
> (as always)-any help appreciated
> Jeff

I'm getting a little confused - but if DVD 1 went OK, then you should be able to just copy the rest
of the obw files. Metal Foundry should have soundb1 - soundb24 and a file called soundstats in the
"sounds" folder. Allaire has 1 - 5 plus soundstats and Hit factory has 1 - 4 plus soundstats

--
===========
John Braner

jbraner(a)NOblueyonderSPAM.co.uk
http://www.soundclick.com/johnbraner
From: jeffl on
Cripes-sorry about the confusing post.
FWIW I'm just installing the whole thing onto an external drive via my
internet computer (with a dvd drive that works)-then I will plug this
external drive into my DAW and then it should run

From: jeffl on
Glennbo-lemme ask you this-
Should I be able to just drag the whole thing into my DAW-that should work,
right?

From: Mod Bod on
jeffl wrote:
> Glennbo-lemme ask you this-
> Should I be able to just drag the whole thing into my DAW-that should
> work, right?
>
> "Glennbo" <vdrumsYourHeadFromYourAss(a)cox.net> wrote in message
>> In news:hfopu3$2mi$1(a)news.eternal-september.org the killer robot "jeffl"
>> <people(a)people.com> grabbed the controls of the spaceship cakewalk.audio
>> and pressed these buttons...
>>
>>> -Can I just load the rest of the dvds (samples only) thru my internet
>>> computer onto an external drive and copy them into the folder
>>
>> That's sorta what I did with the original DFHS DVDs. Toontrack sent me
>> replacement DVDs for two disks I couldn't read, but before I got them, I
>> tried the DVD drive in another computer in my house and they read to
>> completion. At that point, I pulled them across my network and had the
>> complete install. Later, when I rebuilt my machine I had a new DVD
>> burner
>> in my machine and when I went to install DFHS, it went through all the
>> original disks without a hiccup.
>>
>> --
>> Remove YourHeadFromYourAss to Reply by email
>> ________ __
>> / ____/ /__ ____ ____ / /_ ____
>> / / __/ / _ \/ __ \/ __ \/ __ \/ __ \
>> / /_/ / / __/ / / / / / / /_/ / /_/ /
>> \____/_/\___/_/ /_/_/ /_/_.___/\____/
>> Glennbo http://www.soundclick.com/glennbo
>> Non-Linear Sound http://www.soundclick.com/jambits
>> Hear My Music http://www.soundclick.com/ThePseudonyms

I just helped a guy out with his Metal Foundry installation. Some DVD
drives just don't like those disks. Funny, his DAW was built by Jim
Roseberry to. Anyway, he came to my studio an I dragged the sound files
he needed on to a couple of thumb drives and he was up and running later
that night.

--
Dave "Mod Bod" Modisette

http://www.gatortraks.com/forum