From: MowGreen on
You're mowst welcome. Glad to hear that the updates finally installed.
If this were my system the next step would be to run Malwarebytes
Anti-malware to ensure there are no "bad" files present (eg. malware):
http://www.malwarebytes.org/
Have it remove anything detected.
Next, configure the installed antivirus/security suite to not scan nor
realtime monitor the locations shown in this MSKB:

Virus scanning recommendations for computers that are running Windows
Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2003, Windows 2000,
Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Windows 7
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822158

Then run this MS Fixit: How do I reset Windows Update components?
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971058

Run the Fixit in it's Aggressive mode and then restart the system.
It will do all of the steps in the " Let me fix it myself " section.
The system must be connected to the internet so that all steps can be done.

You should be good to go after that.

MowGreen
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============

banthecheck.com
"Security updates should *never* have *non-security content* prechecked"

canswp wrote:
> I installed, ran CCleaner, rebooted hoping that would fix the problem, but I
> still had no luck. Today I tried again and the updates downloaded fine.
>

> So the issue is fixed- thanks for your time in try to help me resolve this.
>
> Just an FYI for Mow--- the log message about the scheduled to install the
> next day showed up for every day that I tried to install it.
>
> "MowGreen" wrote:
>

>>The WindowsUpdate.log shows no errors. It's showing that the updates are
>>pending to install at 5:00 PM today, your local time.
>>
>>Did you do *any* of the steps that PABear recommended or did you just
>>try to contact MS ?
>>

>>MowGreen
>>===============
>> *-343-* FDNY
>>Never Forgotten
>>===============
>>
>>banthecheck.com
>>"Security updates should *never* have *non-security content* prechecked"
>>

>>canswp wrote:
>>

>>>Just an FYI
>>>

>>>I have tried posting at the site
>>>https://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?&prid=7552&st=1 that PAB
>>>directed me to but for two days I keep getting this message
>>>
>>>Error:
>>> Our system is not responding right now. We apologize for the
>>>inconvenience. Our technical team has been alerted and is working on
>>>resolving the problem.
>>>
>>>To get support, use one of the following options:
>>>
>>>* Click the back button and try a different support option.* Click the back
>>>button and try to continue in a few minutes.-
>>>* Call 1-800-MICROSOFT (1-800-642-7676).

>>.

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: KB955430
Next: Stopping Windows Update auto reboot