From: bsod55 on
I have a project to build multiple Report Builder (RB) models utilizing the
same underlying database. Each model will have its own DSV due to the fact
that each model will be based upon a business department's needs. During the
course of developing these models, the underlying database was changed quite
a bit due to an application upgrade. Whenever I try to update the changes to
the underlying database in the RB data source veiws (DSV), all named queries
get deleted form the DSVs.

I have tried to use the 'refresh" option in the DSV and I have tried to used
the "Autogenerate" option in the model. No matter what, updating the
models/DSVs seem to cnoclude with many, many objects being deleted and their
roles still remaining the in models.

Why does RB insist on deleting everything? Is there way to stop or change
this behavior? Otherwise, this will cause me to basically re-create all of
my DSVs and models.

bsod55