From: ???? ??????? on
Hi Everyone
I recentlly installed 2 Vistas beta 2 in my domain
one of the Vista's get the following error :"WindowsUpdate_8007000D
WindowsUpdate_dt000" and say that "windows can't check for updates"

anyone ?
--
Thanks
Ido Goldberg.
From: Robert Aldwinckle on
(cross-post added to Vista General)
"???? ???????" <@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi Everyone
> I recentlly installed 2 Vistas beta 2 in my domain
> one of the Vista's get the following error :"WindowsUpdate_8007000D
> WindowsUpdate_dt000" and say that "windows can't check for updates"
>
> anyone ?
> --
> Thanks
> Ido Goldberg.

Try a search?

http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/archive/wuc.htm

(MSN search for
0x8007000d microsoft codes
)

<extract>
0x8007000D -2147024883 Error_invalid_data

</extract>

How informative! Do you see why the error code is usually not enough?
You need the context of an error code to analyse what it means.

The WindowsUpdate.log could give you some more clues
and context:

<title>How to read the Windowsupdate.log file</title>

Otherwise a guess based on just the error code and its usual meaning
would be that the download was corrupt or AU's SoftwareDistribution
folder contained corrupt data.

I have asked this before of Vista users. If an upgrade install is done
does the SoftwareDistribution folder get reinitialized or is it left as is
from the last use by WU or AU with the original OS? If the latter I suspect
that could easily account for a symptom which suggested that the database
was corrupt.

Look at your log to determine what the real meaning of your code is.
The above is purely informed speculation to give you an idea of what
that particular error code's context might imply.

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle
---