From: Reen on
I have a table of names and addresses that I send out yearly for apartment
inspections. I update it according to when they pay,when its sent out, when
its inspected, if it passes inspection, # of units, owners name and address
and site address. I am now going into my second year and I have copied the
table to keep the years separate. Since some of the inspections are ongoing
is there any way to link the tables so one updates the other? Is there a
better way for me to keep track of this?

Thank you.
From: NG on
Hi Reen,

you can split up your information in 2 tables: one with the information
which keeps the same (name, adress, ...). be sure to add a good primarey key
field (I prefer to use an autonumber field as a PK).
In the second table you put the information that changes each year : date of
nspection, payed, ... . You then relate the two tables through the PK field.
For instance:

tblPlaces:
------------
plaID (autonumber)
plaName (text)
plaStreet (text)

tblInspections:
-----------------
insID (autonumber)
insPlace(long integer): this is the foreign key field to tblPlaces.plaID
insDate (date/time)

Hope this helps
NG

From: Klatuu on
You should not split it into multiple tables. It will, as time passes, only
make things more complicated. It is better to filter one table by year.

"Reen" <Reen1176(a)hotmail.com(donotspam)> wrote in message
>I have a table of names and addresses that I send out yearly for apartment
> inspections. I update it according to when they pay,when its sent out,
> when
> its inspected, if it passes inspection, # of units, owners name and
> address
> and site address. I am now going into my second year and I have copied
> the
> table to keep the years separate. Since some of the inspections are
> ongoing
> is there any way to link the tables so one updates the other? Is there a
> better way for me to keep track of this?
>
> Thank you.

Pages: 1
Prev: 15 KewaSa.com DDL Torrents
Next: hola