From: Null on
Hello, I wrote a program which modifies partition tables (MBR an
Extended boot records). It works well but the problem is that if I
modify partition tables (eg.: create/delete a partition), Windows
simply ignores the changes changes until I reboot my PC.
I think partition tables are cached in memory. So is there a way to
update them instantly?
Thanks for help.
From: Uwe Sieber on
Null wrote:
> Hello, I wrote a program which modifies partition tables (MBR an
> Extended boot records). It works well but the problem is that if I
> modify partition tables (eg.: create/delete a partition), Windows
> simply ignores the changes changes until I reboot my PC.
> I think partition tables are cached in memory. So is there a way to
> update them instantly?
> Thanks for help.

Before changing a partition table I would remove
all its volumes from the device tree.
After the changes a IOCTL_DISK_UPDATE_PROPERTIES
call might help. If it does not then deactivating
and reactivating the disk device will do the job.

Uwe