From: Ernest on
Daniel,

Were you able to find a solution to keeping the history for doc to docx??

Ernest

Daniel Jameson wrote:

Upgrade File .doc to .docx & Keep History
13-Jan-10

Hi,

In our SharePoint portal (2007) we upload a document with the same name as
an existing document (e.g.: MyDocument.doc) and it adds it to the revision
history for that document.

I upgraded MyDocument.doc to MyDocument.docx and uploaded it to our
SharePoint portal. It saved it as a new file instead of adding it the
history of the existing document.

Is there anyway to tell SharePoint to make MyDocument.docx a new revision of
MyDocument.doc? It really is the same document, just a new version. That
will be a problem if organizations loose there document history every time
they upgrade from doc to docx. Also, in the Document Library, you end up
with two items with the same name but different histories.

--
Thank you,

Daniel Jameson
SQL Server DBA
Children's Oncology Group
www.childrensoncologygroup.org

On Wednesday, January 13, 2010 7:01 PM
Daniel Jameson wrote:

[...]

On Friday, January 15, 2010 6:06 PM
rafe wrote:

snof=A0ThateupI am having the same issue, any help would be appreciated.
of
=A0That
up

I am having the same issue, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Rafe

Get Started with SQLite and Visual Studio
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/20f7912e-6fa7-40eb-b31b-b6f46d4f2c6a/get-started-with-sqlite-a.aspx
From: Scott Riddler Scott on
We are also struggling with same issue. Is there any way to accomplish this?

Scott