From: oddbande on
When trying to migrate a system from DB2 Enterprise Edition for LUW
9.5 fixpack 4 to 9.7 fixpack 2 on Windows we got an error. I did all
the steps without error until the command "db2 upgrade database db1"
returned error message ADM0501C. From the explanation to this message
it seems that one can use the db2hdr utility to change the default
stack size for db2syscs.exe like this: 'db2hdr \sqllib\bin
\db2syscs.exe /s:<stackreserve>[,<stackcommit>]'. But there is no
explanation to what the parameters mean (stackreserve/stackcommit) or
what the default stack size for db2syscs.exe is. I would also
appreciate if some decent examples could be provided in the
documentation.

Has anyone encountered an error like this before and how were they
able to solve it?

I have now returned to version 9.5 but will give it another try as
soon as possible. I'm thinking of opening a PMR with IBM but if there
is an easy way to solve this, that should not be necessary.

Regards
Odd Bjørn Andersen,
ErgoGroup AS, Oslo, Norway
From: hsn_ on
Its bogus error message nothing to do with db2hdr, but i dont remember
how we did solved it, something was wrong with database configuration
before migration (log space, agent stack size, freespace in system
catalog) are my guesses
From: Helmut Tessarek on
This is a known issue. Please change the agent stack size to 128. Recycle the
instance and you are done.

db2 update dbm cfg using AGENT_STACK_SZ 128

--
Helmut K. C. Tessarek
DB2 Performance and Development

/*