From: Michael Rosen on
I recently upgraded from 2008 to 2010 and just realized all of my
pending downloaded transactions are gone. I saw some posts regarding
this in the Quicken support community forum but so far there has been
no solution coming from Intuit. Does anyone know of any solution for
this? I am hesitant to uninstall and go back to 2009 as I had
recorded data since the upgrade a few days ago, paying some online
bills. Plus, I had a ton of stuff to accept.

Thanks.
From: John Pollard on
Michael Rosen wrote:
> I recently upgraded from 2008 to 2010 and just realized all of my
> pending downloaded transactions are gone. I saw some posts regarding
> this in the Quicken support community forum but so far there has been
> no solution coming from Intuit. Does anyone know of any solution for
> this? I am hesitant to uninstall and go back to 2009 as I had
> recorded data since the upgrade a few days ago, paying some online
> bills. Plus, I had a ton of stuff to accept.

If you don't want to be at Intuit's mercy, I'd revert to your old version
and process all the downloaded transactions in your previous version, then
convert again. Otherwise, you can manually enter those never processed
transactions, in Q2010; or wait to see if Intuit can, and will, do
something for you. Only you can tell which approach is best for you.

Reinstalling your older version, restoring your last file from that
version, accepting the downloaded transactions, and reconverting shouldn't
have to cost you anything more than the time to do it. If you get to a
point that you say to yourself that it isn't giving you what you want, you
can stop and return to the Q2010 data you have now.

--

John Pollard

From: Michael Rosen on
On Nov 13, 4:28 pm, "John Pollard" <8plus7...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> If you don't want to be at Intuit's mercy, I'd revert to your old version
> and process all the downloaded transactions in your previous version, then
> convert again.  Otherwise, you can manually enter those never processed
> transactions, in Q2010; or wait to see if Intuit can, and will, do
> something for you.  Only you can tell which approach is best for you.
>
> Reinstalling your older version, restoring your last file from that
> version, accepting the downloaded transactions, and reconverting shouldn't
> have to cost you anything more than the time to do it.  If you get to a
> point that you say to yourself that it isn't giving you what you want, you
> can stop and return to the Q2010 data you have now.
>
> --
>
> John Pollard

Is it possible to have two versions of Quicken installed? I'm able to
do that with QuickBooks. I'd like to be able to compare the two data
files to see what's new. I probably can't run two versions at the
same time, that I'm aware of.

Thanks.
From: John Pollard on
Michael Rosen wrote:
> On Nov 13, 4:28 pm, "John Pollard" <8plus7...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> If you don't want to be at Intuit's mercy, I'd revert to your old
>> version and process all the downloaded transactions in your previous
>> version, then convert again. Otherwise, you can manually enter those
>> never processed transactions, in Q2010; or wait to see if Intuit
>> can, and will, do something for you. Only you can tell which
>> approach is best for you.
>>
>> Reinstalling your older version, restoring your last file from that
>> version, accepting the downloaded transactions, and reconverting
>> shouldn't have to cost you anything more than the time to do it. If
>> you get to a point that you say to yourself that it isn't giving you
>> what you want, you can stop and return to the Q2010 data you have
>> now.

> Is it possible to have two versions of Quicken installed? I'm able to
> do that with QuickBooks. I'd like to be able to compare the two data
> files to see what's new. I probably can't run two versions at the
> same time, that I'm aware of.

Yes, you can have two versions installed at the same time; there may be
some glitches when you do that, but I have Q2010, Q2009, Q2005 and a
couple of others installed on the same machine. You're right that you
can't run more than one at the same time ... but you can print reports
from one and compare them to the data in another version. You can print
the reports to PDF files and do the comparing without having to actually
print anything.

To install and tell Quicken not to try to uninstall other versions, hold
down CTRL+SHIFT when you click the first "Next" button in the install
dialog.

--

John Pollard