From: sbudlong on
In .NET there is a way to do a batch upload. You designate an upload folder,
and when a user clicks a button, all the files in that folder are uploaded at
once. Good for an image library administrator, for example. In CF, I don't see
a similar ease-of-use. I've found an article that explains how to do a
multi-file upload using Flex 2 and CF MX and another article that shows how to
use a $50 utility.

Does anyone know of a way to do this simply with CF code, maybe a custom tag
or a UDF or somthing else? Using Flash would be a good prospect, too. Perhaps
there's a way a user could click a "browse" button in a Flash form, drag and
drop multiple files, and then upload them all at once. That's what the
ProFlashUpload utility does. But is that utility the only way to accomplish
this? If it is, I'll gladly pay for it. Before I do, though, I'd just like to
make sure there are no other known options.

Notes I've taken during my online searching appear below, in case anyone else
is interested.

NOTES

Uploading multiple files

upload directory/folder
batch uploading
multi-file upload
custom file upload class

http://labs.newmediateam.com/Multifileupload/FileUpload.html

using Flex 2 / Flash Player 9. The server=side upload script is ColdFusion.

his article is here

http://ryanfavro.newmediateam.com/blog/index.cfm/2006/8/12/Flex-2-Multi-File-Upl
oad-Example

******************

Multiple-File Uploads with ColdFusion

http://coldfusion.sys-con.com/read/279878.htm

*****************

Multiple file upload with Flex and ColdFusion

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/coldfusion/articles/multifile_upload.html

*******************

http://www.cftopper.com/index.cfm/blogId/1/tag/ColdFusion

CF_ProFlashUpload