From: JF Mezei on
Safari 5 is incompatible with a goverment web site. I cannot make an
important submission which is now late. It worked prior to the recent
upgrades on the Mac. Safari is now at 5.0

Can anyone point me to where I could find a copy of Safary 4.something
that I coudl download and run this once ? (intel mac).
From: Andy Hewitt on
JF Mezei <jfmezei.spamnot(a)vaxination.ca> wrote:

> Safari 5 is incompatible with a goverment web site. I cannot make an
> important submission which is now late. It worked prior to the recent
> upgrades on the Mac. Safari is now at 5.0
>
> Can anyone point me to where I could find a copy of Safary 4.something
> that I coudl download and run this once ? (intel mac).

Why not just use Firefox or Opera as a one off?

--
Andy Hewitt
<http://web.me.com/andrewhewitt1/>
From: Jolly Roger on
In article <4c20cebd$0$1650$c3e8da3(a)news.astraweb.com>,
JF Mezei <jfmezei.spamnot(a)vaxination.ca> wrote:

> Safari 5 is incompatible with a goverment web site. I cannot make an
> important submission which is now late. It worked prior to the recent
> upgrades on the Mac. Safari is now at 5.0
>
> Can anyone point me to where I could find a copy of Safary 4.something
> that I coudl download and run this once ? (intel mac).

You'd probably have to downgrade WebKit as well. Got a spare Mac handy?

JR
From: JF Mezei on
Andy Hewitt wrote:

> Why not just use Firefox or Opera as a one off?

Governmebnt web site has code to block firefox on the mac. I can cheat
and make it pretend to look like firefox on windows, and it lets me in,
but it freezes during the login process. The government has a knack to
make their web site atrociously overloaded with unnecessary restrictions.
From: JF Mezei on
Jolly Roger wrote:
>Got a spare Mac handy?

Thanks. That was the inspiration I needed. I fored up my old G3 with
10.4 on it.

Was able to AFP mount my home directory on the server and then use the
old safary 3.somethng to connect to the crtc web site and make my
submission.

It is good to see the 10.4 look and feel. It is so much better than the
10.5 ad 10.6. :-) But man, an old G3 is noticeably slower than a mac pro :-(

Now I have to write an angry email about their lousy system at the
government.