From: B3L3ND on

"One of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned..."
Ok I am going crazy here please if anyone can help I would greatly
appreciate it.
So im using a Western Digital External hard drive and its been working
fine until today. I tried to connect it and I got the error message "one
of the usb devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned and
windows does not recognize it"
and when I tried to restart my computer it says installing new driver
software then it says software was not installed successfully. And when
I try to download the device software from the website it goes through
it then at one point it says there is no wd device connected and to
connect a device and rescan when it is clearly connected. I have not
done any updating or restoring or anything like that . I have no clue
hoe this happened but I have 80Gb's of all my music in this hard drive i
really need to get it back. plz help

--
B3L3ND
B3L3ND's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/236126.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

From: Paul on
B3L3ND wrote:
> "One of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned..."
> Ok I am going crazy here please if anyone can help I would greatly
> appreciate it.
> So im using a Western Digital External hard drive and its been working
> fine until today. I tried to connect it and I got the error message "one
> of the usb devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned and
> windows does not recognize it"
> and when I tried to restart my computer it says installing new driver
> software then it says software was not installed successfully. And when
> I try to download the device software from the website it goes through
> it then at one point it says there is no wd device connected and to
> connect a device and rescan when it is clearly connected. I have not
> done any updating or restoring or anything like that . I have no clue
> hoe this happened but I have 80Gb's of all my music in this hard drive i
> really need to get it back. plz help

Do you have a model number for the drive ?

Knowing the exact identity of the drive, is important for looking
for popular failure modes for it. It should be an ugly part number
like WDBABV0010BBK-NESN .

Paul

From: B3L3ND on

Paul;4991187 Wrote:
> B3L3ND wrote:
> > "One of the USB devices attached to this computer has
> malfunctioned..."
> > Ok I am going crazy here please if anyone can help I would greatly
> > appreciate it.
> > So im using a Western Digital External hard drive and its been
> working
> > fine until today. I tried to connect it and I got the error message
> "one
> > of the usb devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned and
> > windows does not recognize it"
> > and when I tried to restart my computer it says installing new driver
> > software then it says software was not installed successfully. And
> when
> > I try to download the device software from the website it goes
> through
> > it then at one point it says there is no wd device connected and to
> > connect a device and rescan when it is clearly connected. I have not
> > done any updating or restoring or anything like that . I have no clue
> > hoe this happened but I have 80Gb's of all my music in this hard drive
> > really need to get it back. plz help
> >

> Do you have a model number for the drive ?
>
> Knowing the exact identity of the drive, is important for looking
> for popular failure modes for it. It should be an ugly part number
> like WDBABV0010BBK-NESN .
>
> Paul yea the model number is : WDBABM7500ABK-00 its a western digital 750gb
passport external HD

--
B3L3ND
B3L3ND's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/236126.htm