From: Frederick R. Hutchings on
Is it beneficial to use both adapters on a laptop at the same time? Will it
be faster?

Fred

From: Jack [MVP-Networking] on
Hi
Nope, you can Not use them at the same time.
Using two Network cards together (aka, as teaming) need special hardware and
real Server OS.
If you would like you can leave the two On and configure the Metrics for
preference.
http://www.ezlan.net/metrics.html
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).

From: Frederick R. Hutchings on
Jack,

Thanks very much! I use the wireless during the day and the wired for
nightly backups. With the Metrics, all I have to do is plug in the cable,
and the wired takes over. When I unplug it in the morning, it goes to
wireless. Perfect.

I set the Metric of the wired connection to 10 and the wireless to 20 so
that the wired connection has preference, as the article you recommended
suggested. I rebooted.

When I plug in the cable, they both stay connected, but the wired connection
appears to be the only one in use. The wireless icon still shows activity
very intermittently, maybe once each time I access something on the network.
Is that normal?

When I unplug the cable, it obviously uses the wireless.

Just what I am looking for.

Fred