From: Dee on
1/16/2010 7:35 PM PST

Can someone help me with this network error message when I try to log into a
newly created profile? Thanks so much.
--
Dee

"Dee" wrote:

> Hopefully, this post will be posted!
>
> I posted two replies yesterday ago to Michael and they still have not
> displayed.
>
> Michael,
> I don't understand why you can see my post and I cannot. I do not know the
> reason for this. ????
>
> Basically, my problem is that I could not access my Limited User Account
> Profile, which I have now deleted and created another profile with the same
> results. Funny enough, my brother can access his Limited User Account Profile
> but the user environment settings were not the same as my profile. It looks
> totally different.
>
> When I clicked on my Limited User Account Profile, a User Environment dialog
> box displayed the following instead of my profile:

ERROR MESSAGE:

--
Dee
From: Anteaus on
Run a chkdsk to see if there are disk errors.

Check the permissions on the "Documents ans Settings" folder.

Check that the Default User userprofile is intact (This is used as a
template to create new profiles)

I would ditch NIS. and get a better AV program. It is the cause of numerous
obscure problems. If removing it, get the cleaner tool from Symantec's site,
a simple removal may leave remnants.

After removing NIS, check that the Windows Firewall is working. It may have
been left in a disabled condition.

From: Dee on
Hi Anteaus,
I read through the Chkdsk command on
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb491051.aspx and it seems most of
the information applies to XP Professional. I have XP Home Edition SP3.

1. I looked for the Autocheck.exe file in %systemroot%\System 32 and in
%systemroot%\System and I could not find it.

2. Do I need to use any kind of switches before running this command? I have
80G of memory.

3. What am I looking for when I check for permissions in the "Documents and
Settings" folder?

4. Default User userprofile? Is that the same Default User in the "Documents
and Settings" folder?

5. I have reviewed www.av-test.org on best internet security suites and NIS
came in after G-Data Security. If I could speak German, I would go for G-Data
Security and I am not an advanced user to understand what to do with pop-up
questions. So by default and not by choice, I am using NIS. Also, my rich
brother has already purchased NIS 2010. I have used free Internet Security
and my computer was in worse shape before I got NIS 2009. So I don't want to
go to that avenue again.

Thanks so much for your advice.

--
Dee