From: PJ on
I have the following code in a memo text field:

Private Sub txtNotesOnTransaction_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer)
Debug.Print "User: " & CurrentUser() & " " & Me!txtNotesOnTransaction
End Sub

I want the current user entering data user name to fill in before typing any
other data.

It is not working any suggestions?

Thanks!!
From: Douglas J. Steele on
What does "not working:" mean in this context?

Are you getting an error? If so, what's the error? If you're not getting an
error, what are you getting (and what do you want to get instead)?

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://www.AccessMVP.com/DJSteele

From: Daryl S on
PJ -

Use the On Enter method instead of the On Update method, and put in code
like this:

If isnull(Me!txtNotesOnTransaction) Then
Me!txtNotesOnTransaction = CurrentUser()
End If

--
Daryl S

From: PJ on
Thank Daryl, It worked can a date be added after the user name? If so, how
would that look.

Thanks again!!

From: PieterLinden via AccessMonster.com on
PJ wrote:
>Thank Daryl, It worked can a date be added after the user name? If so, how
>would that look.
>
>Thanks again!!
>
>> PJ -
>>
>[quoted text clipped - 17 lines]
>> >
>> > Thanks!!
If isnull(Me!txtNotesOnTransaction) Then
Me!txtNotesOnTransaction = CurrentUser() & " " & Now()
End If

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: Combo Box to write to table(s)