From: Freddy on
Hi All,

Can anybody pls help me to create a user in solaris/hp-ux with the
following conditions, with out using RBAC or SUDO .

1 .User cannot change his passwd
2. The passwd never expires

Thank You,
Regards,
Freddy.
From: Andrew Gabriel on
In article <765d437c-fe66-40d4-b483-2d67195fdc86(a)x20g2000pro.googlegroups.com>,
Freddy <hclranjith(a)gmail.com> writes:
> Hi All,
>
> Can anybody pls help me to create a user in solaris/hp-ux with the
> following conditions, with out using RBAC or SUDO .
>
> 1 .User cannot change his passwd
> 2. The passwd never expires

man passwd tells you how to do this.

--
Andrew Gabriel
From: Freddy on
On Jul 9, 11:10 pm, and...(a)cucumber.demon.co.uk (Andrew Gabriel)
wrote:
> In article <765d437c-fe66-40d4-b483-2d67195fd...(a)x20g2000pro.googlegroups..com>,
>         Freddy <hclranj...(a)gmail.com> writes:
>
> > Hi All,
>
> >  Can anybody pls help me to create a user in solaris/hp-ux with the
> > following conditions, with out using RBAC or SUDO .
>
> >  1 .User cannot change his passwd
> >  2. The passwd never expires
>
> man passwd tells you how to do this.
>
> --
> Andrew Gabriel
> [email address is not usable -- followup in the newsgroup]

Hi Mr.Gabriel,

Thanks for ur immediate response ...but I tried the command
passwd -x -1 <username> and its enough for the second condition

but how to meet the first condition....???

Thanks
Freddy.
From: Harry on
Freddy wrote...
[...]
>> A01 .User cannot change his passwd
>> A02. The passwd never expires

>but how to meet the first condition....???
[...]

Why do you need this ?

I could see anyonance on user's perspective;
and security issue on sysadmin's perspective.

From: Andrew Gabriel on
In article <bq2_n.10294$0A5.3801(a)newsfe22.iad>,
harryooopotter(a)hotmail.co_ (Harry) writes:
> Freddy wrote...
> [...]
>>> A01 .User cannot change his passwd
>>> A02. The passwd never expires
>
>>but how to meet the first condition....???
> [...]
>
> Why do you need this ?
>
> I could see anyonance on user's perspective;
> and security issue on sysadmin's perspective.

I can't think why you'd want to do this either, but as I said
before, it tells you exactly how to do it on the man page.
I even worked somewhere which used it too. They also forced
everyone to change their password monthly. They thought they
were so secure. Of course, everyone's current passwd will be
some varient of July2010 at the moment, but people who write
security policies usually seem to have a remarkably little
understanding of the subject.

--
Andrew Gabriel
 |  Next  |  Last