From: stuie_norris on
Hi Group,

I have a Cisco 1801 router the I use for wired connections on my local
network. I would like to install a Aironet device so I have have
wireless connections.

I am particularly interested in the Cisco 1142n Aironet on Cisco's web
site (AIR-LAP1142N-A-K9).

Apart from N support the PoE suits where I would like to install the
access point. I know I would need the AIR-PWRINJ4= for the PoE
injector.

Is it possible to setup the Aironet 1142n to work directly with a
Cisco 1801 router / switch or do I need additional equipment?

Thanks

Stuart

From: Uli Link on
stuie_norris(a)yahoo.com.au schrieb:
> Hi Group,
>
> I have a Cisco 1801 router the I use for wired connections on my local
> network. I would like to install a Aironet device so I have have
> wireless connections.
>
> I am particularly interested in the Cisco 1142n Aironet on Cisco's web
> site (AIR-LAP1142N-A-K9).
>
> Apart from N support the PoE suits where I would like to install the
> access point. I know I would need the AIR-PWRINJ4= for the PoE
> injector.
>
> Is it possible to setup the Aironet 1142n to work directly with a
> Cisco 1801 router / switch or do I need additional equipment?

For an AIR-LAPxxx you will need a Wireless LAN Controller, or get the
AIR-APxxxx configured as autonomous IOS.

--
ULi
From: stuie_norris on
> or get the AIR-APxxxx configured as autonomous IOS.

How do you configure the AP as autonomous IOS?

Do you need a Wireless LAN Controller to do this?

Must the device be purchased in the autonomous IOS format?

From: Doug McIntyre on
stuie_norris(a)yahoo.com.au writes:
>> or get the AIR-APxxxx configured as autonomous IOS.

>How do you configure the AP as autonomous IOS?

You obtain the autonomous IOS image from Cisco CCO if you have a
maintenance contract, or go for google foo to find it. Then you flash
the box with the new code.

You'll have to get to an undocumented boot menu that has been mentioned in
this group several times.

>Do you need a Wireless LAN Controller to do this?

No, if you had a wireless LAN controller, you'd probably use the LAP
image you had.

>Must the device be purchased in the autonomous IOS format?

That would certainly be the easier way if thats the way you wanted to
run it.
From: Aaron Leonard on

~ > or get the AIR-APxxxx configured as autonomous IOS.
~
~ How do you configure the AP as autonomous IOS?
~
~ Do you need a Wireless LAN Controller to do this?
~
~ Must the device be purchased in the autonomous IOS format?

The AIR-AP model of the AP1142 (i.e. the model with autonomous
IOS preinstalled) isn't orderable yet, but should be pretty soon
(stay tuned.)

You could buy the AIR-LAP model (i.e. the one with lightweight
IOS preinstalled) now, then install autonomous IOS on it when
the code is released. You wouldn't be able to do anything with
it till then (unless you have a WLC), but I suppose it might
"get you on the air" faster than if you had to wait till the
AIR-AP model is orderable.

Aaron
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2