From: Spero on

I have a friend who gave me access to his web service, he sent me
a .wsdl and a .xsd file that he said I can incorporate my VB project.
I can use these files to enter a serial number of a cell phone and get
the repair status that he maintains. I know this is all soap but how
do I declare the files and start my request to the services?
From: Family Tree Mike on
On 1/23/2010 10:43 AM, Spero wrote:

> I have a friend who gave me access to his web service, he sent me
> a .wsdl and a .xsd file that he said I can incorporate my VB project.
> I can use these files to enter a serial number of a cell phone and get
> the repair status that he maintains. I know this is all soap but how
> do I declare the files and start my request to the services?

It is a lot easier if they give you a url such as the following:
http://www.someservicesite.com/someservice.asmx?WSDL. With that, you
then add a service reference to your project, pasting in the URL. You
then can give the service any namespace you want. Now in the namespace
you will have access to all of the exposed methods and classes available
from the service.

I know that there is a way with the wsdl file and manually connecting to
the server, but I have never had need for this.

--
Mike