From: Pendrome on
I cannot figure out how to use Slide ID to hyperlink to a slide instead of
using the slide's number. Can someone tell me how to change this:

ActivePresentation.SlideShowWindow.View.GotoSlide (2)

into a hyperlink by using the slide's ID (262)? Thank you!
From: John Wilson john AT technologytrish.co DOT on
You will need to use the FindBySlideID method

SlideIndex=ActivePresentation.Slides.FindBySlideID(262)
ActivePresentation.SlideShowWindow.View.GotoSlide (SlideIndex)
--
john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk

Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials

From: Pendrome on
Does this mean I just enter the last line of code or both?

From: Bill Dilworth on
You need both for it to work, but you could combine it into one messy line
if you wanted to.

Watch for line breaks in your display, the area between the lines is one
line of code
-----
ActivePresentation.SlideShowWindow.View.GotoSlide
(ActivePresentation.Slides.FindBySlideID(262))
-----

Bill D.

From: Pendrome on
Actually, neither of these answers are working for me. When I tried the last
one, I get an error message saying "Object doesn't support this property or
method." This is what my code is looking like:

--------------------------------------
Sub Homepage()

ActivePresentation.SlideShowWindow.View.GotoSlide(ActivePresentation.Slides.FindBySlideID(262))

End Sub
--------------------------------------

"Bill Dilworth" wrote:

> You need both for it to work, but you could combine it into one messy line
> if you wanted to.
>
> Watch for line breaks in your display, the area between the lines is one
> line of code
> -----
> ActivePresentation.SlideShowWindow.View.GotoSlide
> (ActivePresentation.Slides.FindBySlideID(262))
> -----
>
> Bill D.
>

> "Pendrome" <Pendrome(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Does this mean I just enter the last line of code or both?
> >
> > "John Wilson" wrote:
> >
> >> You will need to use the FindBySlideID method
> >>
> >> SlideIndex=ActivePresentation.Slides.FindBySlideID(262)
> >> ActivePresentation.SlideShowWindow.View.GotoSlide (SlideIndex)
> >> --
> >> john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk
> >>
> >> Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials
> >> http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/powerpoint_hints_and_tips_tutorials.html