From: VWP1 on
I would like to have my table (perhaps through a form) automatically add a
new record with the date, every 24 hours, starting at midnight, 24/7/365

How do I do that?

Also,
And how do I search my username VWP1, because I tried searching users, typed
in my VWP1 username, and no records were found?

VWP1
From: John W. Vinson on
On Fri, 5 Mar 2010 08:23:02 -0800, VWP1 <VWP1(a)discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>I would like to have my table (perhaps through a form) automatically add a
>new record with the date, every 24 hours, starting at midnight, 24/7/365

>How do I do that?

Why the heck should you? What purpose would that table serve? Creating new
empty placeholder records with nothing but a date field doesn't accomplish
anything that can't be done better in other ways.

What's the context? What real life problem are you trying to solve?

If you need such a table, I'd just create it with dates from now through 2025
or so, as a one-time operation. You can actually create the data using
Insert... Fill Series in Excel and copy and paste the data into your table.
But I'd assert that you do NOT need such a table.

>Also,
>And how do I search my username VWP1, because I tried searching users, typed
>in my VWP1 username, and no records were found?

The webpage search interface has been broken for ages. Try
http://groups.google.com and choose "advanced search".
--

John W. Vinson [MVP]

Pages: 1