From: Bob on
Hello:

As usual, I've run into a problem with something that is probably so
simple... any help is appreciated.

I'm using the webbrowser control with the navigate method. The url I'm
using needs a space (which I know is not normally allowed, but it works
directly in firefox and IE).

Here's some sample code:

------------------------------------
strWebPage = "http://www.imdb.com" &" ?" & Text2.Text
txtURL.Text = strWebPage

Web1.Navigate txtURL.Text
Do While Web1.ReadyState <> READYSTATE_COMPLETE
DoEvents
Loop
DoEvents
-----------------------------------

The space is always replaced with %20/

I've tried using chr(32) , Space(1), and several other things.

Thanks!!

Robert Whitson

From: Nobody on
"Bob" <gee(a)nomail.com> wrote in message
> Hello:
>
> As usual, I've run into a problem with something that is probably so
> simple... any help is appreciated.
>
> I'm using the webbrowser control with the navigate method. The url I'm
> using needs a space (which I know is not normally allowed, but it works
> directly in firefox and IE).

See UrlEscape() in MSDN.

From: Bob on

"Nobody" <nobody(a)nobody.com> wrote in message
> "Bob" <gee(a)nomail.com> wrote in message
>> Hello:
>>
>> As usual, I've run into a problem with something that is probably so
>> simple... any help is appreciated.
>>
>> I'm using the webbrowser control with the navigate method. The url I'm
>> using needs a space (which I know is not normally allowed, but it works
>> directly in firefox and IE).
>>

> See UrlEscape() in MSDN.

Thanks!

I Tried using the code at:

http://vbnet.mvps.org/index.html?code/internet/urlescape.htm

This ends up decoding the URL to:

http://www.imdb.com/?<my text>

No matter what I try, it places a forward slash directly after the base url
(in this case, right after www.imdb.com)

I need it to just place a space here.

Any More Ideas? ... If not, Thanks Much for the help anyway.

Robert

From: Nobody on
> No matter what I try, it places a forward slash directly after the base
> url (in this case, right after www.imdb.com)
>
> I need it to just place a space here.

That's unusual requirements. Try searching the newsgroups for "vb
URLEncode".

From: mscir on
On 3/28/2010 7:23 PM, Bob wrote:
<snip>
> I Tried using the code at:
> http://vbnet.mvps.org/index.html?code/internet/urlescape.htm
> This ends up decoding the URL to:
> http://www.imdb.com/?<my text>
> No matter what I try, it places a forward slash directly after the base url
> (in this case, right after www.imdb.com)
> I need it to just place a space here.
> Any More Ideas? ... If not, Thanks Much for the help anyway.
> Robert

How does this work for you?

http://www.freevbcode.com/ShowCode.asp?ID=1512

You've probably noticed the %20 by now.

Mike

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: Print API instead of Common Dialog (VB6)
Next: Listbox