From: Michael R on
Hi Folks,

I've been using GNAT from GCC 4.4.2 for a while (tend to like to
rebuild my compiler). I decided recently to explore the functionality
of AWS from Ada Core however it uses "gprbuild" to build which is not
included in the standard GCC release. Is it possible to simply grab
it from the source release from Ada Core and "plug it into" a GCC
4.4.2 build? Has anyone tried this?

Take care,
Michael.
From: Ludovic Brenta on
Michael R wrote on comp.lang.ada:
> I've been using GNAT from GCC 4.4.2 for a while (tend to like to
> rebuild my compiler).  I decided recently to explore the functionality
> of AWS from Ada Core however it uses "gprbuild" to build which is not
> included in the standard GCC release.  Is it possible to simply grab
> it from the source release from Ada Core and "plug it into" a GCC
> 4.4.2 build?  Has anyone tried this?

That's how I build AWS for Debian using GCC 4.4.2; see the package in
unstable.

http://www.debian.org
http://packages.debian.org/source/sid/libaws

--
Ludovic Brenta.
From: Hibou57 (Yannick Duchêne) on
On 1 jan, 00:02, Michael R <mich...(a)zanyblue.com> wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> I've been using GNAT from GCC 4.4.2 for a while (tend to like to
> rebuild my compiler).  I decided recently to explore the functionality
> of AWS from Ada Core however it uses "gprbuild" to build which is not
> included in the standard GCC release.  Is it possible to simply grab
> it from the source release from Ada Core and "plug it into" a GCC
> 4.4.2 build?  Has anyone tried this?
>
> Take care,
> Michael.

Although Ludovic already gave you a good answer, I just wanted to
say : What about GnatMake ?
From: Michael R on
On Dec 31, 5:26 pm, Hibou57 (Yannick Duchêne)
<yannick_duch...(a)yahoo.fr> wrote:
> On 1 jan, 00:02, Michael R <mich...(a)zanyblue.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi Folks,
>
> > I've been using GNAT from GCC 4.4.2 for a while (tend to like to
> > rebuild my compiler).  I decided recently to explore the functionality
> > of AWS from Ada Core however it uses "gprbuild" to build which is not
> > included in the standard GCC release.  Is it possible to simply grab
> > it from the source release from Ada Core and "plug it into" a GCC
> > 4.4.2 build?  Has anyone tried this?
>
> > Take care,
> > Michael.
>
> Although Ludovic already gave you a good answer, I just wanted to
> say : What about GnatMake ?

Thank you folks. I'll try plugging in gprbuild. gnatmake is good but
I just was to build and use AWS, not rework their build system.

Take care,
Michael.
From: Stephen Leake on
Ludovic Brenta <ludovic(a)ludovic-brenta.org> writes:

> Michael R wrote on comp.lang.ada:
>> I've been using GNAT from GCC 4.4.2 for a while (tend to like to
>> rebuild my compiler). I decided recently to explore the functionality
>> of AWS from Ada Core however it uses "gprbuild" to build which is not
>> included in the standard GCC release. Is it possible to simply grab
>> it from the source release from Ada Core and "plug it into" a GCC
>> 4.4.2 build? Has anyone tried this?
>
> That's how I build AWS for Debian using GCC 4.4.2; see the package in
> unstable.
>
> http://www.debian.org
> http://packages.debian.org/source/sid/libaws

Also note that I'm working on packaging gprbuild for Debian. It's
currently working; just needs some polishing to include the docs and
examples.

You can check it out from the Ada France monotone server at
www.ada-france.org, branch org.debian.gprbuild.

--
-- Stephe