From: Hibou57 (Yannick Duchêne) on
Query to ASIS users :

The “ Asis Asis.Ada_Environments ” specification file does not
document the “ Parameters ” argument. Searching the web about it, I've
found a documentation called “ ASIS for GNAT ”, here :
http://www.gnu-darwin.org/www001/src/ports/devel/asis/work/asis-3.15p-src/documentation/asis_rm.txt

This document list some parameters in the “ § Parameters of
Asis.Ada_Environments.Associate Procedure ”

I just wonder if these are standard parameter or ASIS-for-GNAT
specific parameters.

Sure I'm not the only one interested in such a question :p
From: Hibou57 (Yannick Duchêne) on
Its talking about tree files, which may seems to be GNAT specific,
while other implementations may have similar concept.
From: Stephen Leake on
"Hibou57 (Yannick Duchêne)" <yannick_duchene(a)yahoo.fr> writes:

> The “ Asis Asis.Ada_Environments ” specification file does not
> document the “ Parameters ” argument. Searching the web about it, I've
> found a documentation called “ ASIS for GNAT ”, here :
> http://www.gnu-darwin.org/www001/src/ports/devel/asis/work/asis-3.15p-src/documentation/asis_rm.txt

No need to search the web; that file is included in the GNAT ASIS
installation, in html, info, and pdf; gnat/share/doc/asis/*

> This document list some parameters in the “ § Parameters of
> Asis.Ada_Environments.Associate Procedure ”
>
> I just wonder if these are standard parameter or ASIS-for-GNAT
> specific parameters.

asis_rm.txt 3.1 says they are implementation specific.

It appears the ASIS standard document is not freely available, so it's
hard to be sure.
--
-- Stephe
From: Hibou57 (Yannick Duchêne) on
On 3 jan, 09:19, Stephen Leake <stephen_le...(a)stephe-leake.org> wrote:
> No need to search the web; that file is included in the GNAT ASIS
> installation, in html, info, and pdf; gnat/share/doc/asis/*
I do not have a desktop search engine, this may be why I did not find
it there.
I've check it is, indeed.

> asis_rm.txt 3.1 says they are implementation specific.
>
> It appears the ASIS standard document is not freely available, so it's
> hard to be sure.
> --
> -- Stephe
As the specification file does not give any reference, I suppose too.

May be another GNAT specific stuff : I could not get ride of ASIS
warning messages while I open an ASIS context. No standard ASIS
methods seems to provide abilities to manage this. These messages are
written on an error stream, but I could not redirected these with
either Ada.Text_IO.Set_Error or Ada.Wide_Text_IO.Set_Error.
From: Randy Brukardt on
"Stephen Leake" <stephen_leake(a)stephe-leake.org> wrote in message
> It appears the ASIS standard document is not freely available, so it's
> hard to be sure.

That's right. I can't give you a copy of the Standard unless you're actively
involved in working on it. We did make the "Committee Draft" version
available through the SIGAda working group - but it has lots of errors that
are being corrected.

In any case, I went and read the standard for
Asis.Ada_Environments.Associate, and I don't see any description at all of
what the parameters mean. However, the description of type Context gives a
bit more idea of what is meant. But there is nothing in the standard about
the contents of these parameters. Moreover, there is this sentence: "The
concrete mechanism of this association is implementation-specific." You're
welcome to guess at exactly what this means (there is a lot of such text in
the Asis standard!)

Anyway, I would expect the actual values used for Name and Parameters in
Associate to be completely defined by the implementation.

Randy.