From: Björn Jacke on
On 2010-07-12 at 14:19 +1000 Lee, Andrien sent off:
> I have included a level 3 log from log.smbd up to the first rejection, along with the relevant smb.conf info that I am aware of. The log is for a connection to a share with "valid users = @payoff", where bbancroft is a member of the payoff group.

make sure you don't run into the 16/32 Groups/User limitation of Solaris and
also make sure to use @DOMAIN\group instread of @group.

Cheers
Björn
phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9
Hi Björn
Thanks for your response. The problem I'm having is that "payoff" in this instance is actually a UNIX group. If I set valid users as "+payoff" I get the same problem with the same error message. It just isn't recognising that bbancroft is a member of the local UNIX group payoff.

Cheers
Andrien Lee

Hi,

I had a similar problem, please check your /etc/nsswitch.conf settings.
Try to change settings to "group: files winbind" and then you can use
directly AD Domain Groups.

Cheers

Pavol