From: RicDon on
I want to prompt the user for a value to use to filter a form. Here is my
command with the WhereCondition:

docmd.OpenForm "test", acNormal, , "LastName=[Enter a Last Name]"

I want to use the WhereCondition as a "LIKE" criteria. Variations on the
WhereCondition itself that I've tried include various combinations of

LastName LIKE %...%
LastName LIKE *...*
LastName LIKE [%...%]
LastName LIKE [*...*]

You get the idea...

No luck so far. Any thoughts?

From: John W. Vinson on
On Thu, 27 May 2010 21:52:50 GMT, "RicDon" <u60397(a)uwe> wrote:

>I want to prompt the user for a value to use to filter a form. Here is my
>command with the WhereCondition:
>
>docmd.OpenForm "test", acNormal, , "LastName=[Enter a Last Name]"
>
>I want to use the WhereCondition as a "LIKE" criteria. Variations on the
>WhereCondition itself that I've tried include various combinations of
>
>LastName LIKE %...%
>LastName LIKE *...*
>LastName LIKE [%...%]
>LastName LIKE [*...*]
>
>You get the idea...
>
>No luck so far. Any thoughts?

LastName LIKE "*" & [Enter a last name, or part of one:] & "*"
--

John W. Vinson [MVP]
From: Dirk Goldgar on
"RicDon" <u60397(a)uwe> wrote in message news:a8a6128a88ad8(a)uwe...
>I want to prompt the user for a value to use to filter a form. Here is my
> command with the WhereCondition:
>
> docmd.OpenForm "test", acNormal, , "LastName=[Enter a Last Name]"
>
> I want to use the WhereCondition as a "LIKE" criteria. Variations on the
> WhereCondition itself that I've tried include various combinations of
>
> LastName LIKE %...%
> LastName LIKE *...*
> LastName LIKE [%...%]
> LastName LIKE [*...*]
>
> You get the idea...
>
> No luck so far. Any thoughts?

Try:

Docmd.OpenForm "test", acNormal, _
WhereCondition:="LastName Like '*' & [Enter a Last Name] & '*'"

--
Dirk Goldgar, MS Access MVP

(please reply to the newsgroup)