From: "Beo Tse" on
I am using the EasyPHP5.3.0 and MS SQL Server Management Studio Express
9.00.2047.00

Config of EasyPHP5.3.0
==================
PHP 5.3.0
Apache 2.2.13
MySQL 5.1.37
PhpMyAdmin 3.2.1

I want to use mssql command (e.g. mssql_connect) as my db connector. When I
run my code the following error has prompted. Can someone tells me what I
can do?

Fatal error: Call to undefined function mssql_connect() in
C:\EasyPHP5.3.0\www\ATIS\dbfun.php on line 70

Thank you.

Best Regards

Beo Tse

From: Richard Quadling on
On 18 February 2010 06:15, Beo Tse <beotse(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
> I am using the EasyPHP5.3.0 and MS SQL Server Management Studio Express
> 9.00.2047.00
>
> Config of EasyPHP5.3.0
> ==================
> PHP 5.3.0
> Apache 2.2.13
> MySQL 5.1.37
> PhpMyAdmin 3.2.1
>
> I want to use mssql command (e.g. mssql_connect) as my db connector. When I
> run my code the following error has prompted. Can someone tells me what I
> can do?
>
> Fatal error: Call to undefined function mssql_connect() in
> C:\EasyPHP5.3.0\www\ATIS\dbfun.php on line 70
>
> Thank you.
>
> Best Regards
>
> Beo Tse

Normally, you would need extension=php_mssql.dll in your php.ini file.

But, php_mssql.dll is not available for 5.3. Instead you would need to
either use odbc or the MS SQL Server Driver for PHP
(http://www.codeplex.com/SQL2K5PHP).

Both of these require an ODBC driver (MS SQL Native Client Driver is
recommended as it supports all the most recent DBs).

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=c6c3e9ef-ba29-4a43-8d69-a2bed18fe73c
contains all the links (there are a lot).

Look for "Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Driver for PHP" and "Microsoft SQL
Server 2008 Native Client" for more info.

The Native Client download for x86 is
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=123717&clcid=0x409

--
-----
Richard Quadling
From: "Beo Tse" on
>>> On 18 February 2010 06:15, Beo Tse <beotse(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
>>> I am using the EasyPHP5.3.0 and MS SQL Server Management Studio Express
>>> 9.00.2047.00
>>>
>>> Config of EasyPHP5.3.0
>>> ==================
>>> PHP 5.3.0
>>> Apache 2.2.13
>>> MySQL 5.1.37
>>> PhpMyAdmin 3.2.1
>>>
>>> I want to use mssql command (e.g. mssql_connect) as my db connector.
>>> When I
>>> run my code the following error has prompted. Can someone tells me what
>>> can do?
>>>
>>> Fatal error: Call to undefined function mssql_connect() in
>>> C:\EasyPHP5.3.0\www\ATIS\dbfun.php on line 70
>>>
>>> Thank you.
>>>
>>> Best Regards
>>>
>>> Beo Tse
>>>

>> --
>>

>> Normally, you would need extension=php_mssql.dll in your php.ini file.
>>
>> But, php_mssql.dll is not available for 5.3. Instead you would need to
>> either use odbc or the MS SQL Server Driver for PHP
>> (http://www.codeplex.com/SQL2K5PHP).
>>
>> Both of these require an ODBC driver (MS SQL Native Client Driver is
>> recommended as it supports all the most recent DBs).
>>
>> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=c6c3e9ef-ba29-4a43-8d69-a2bed18fe73c
>> contains all the links (there are a lot).
>>
>> Look for "Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Driver for PHP" and "Microsoft SQL
>> Server 2008 Native Client" for more info.
>>
>> The Native Client download for x86 is
>> http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=123717&clcid=0x409
>>

>> --
>> -----
>> Richard Quadling
>> "Standing on the shoulders of some very clever giants!"
>> EE : http://www.experts-exchange.com/M_248814.html
>> EE4Free : http://www.experts-exchange.com/becomeAnExpert.jsp
>> Zend Certified Engineer :
>> http://zend.com/zce.php?c=ZEND002498&r=213474731
>> ZOPA : http://uk.zopa.com/member/RQuadling
>>

>I have heard that ODBC doesn't support UNICODE right?
>
>Best Regards
>
>Thank you.
>
>Beo Tse

Pages: 1