From: Florian Lindner on
Hello,
I have a function from a library thast expects a file object as argument.
How can I manage to give the function a string resp. have the text it would
have written to file object as a string?

Thanks,

Florian
From: Arnaud Delobelle on
On Mar 5, 8:13 pm, Florian Lindner <Florian.Lind...(a)xgm.de> wrote:
> Hello,
> I have a function from a library thast expects a file object as argument.
> How can I manage to give the function a string resp. have the text it would
> have written to file object as a string?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Florian

See

http://docs.python.org/lib/module-StringIO.html

--
Arnaud

From: Paddy on
On Mar 5, 8:13 pm, Florian Lindner <Florian.Lind...(a)xgm.de> wrote:
> Hello,
> I have a function from a library thast expects a file object as argument.
> How can I manage to give the function a string resp. have the text it would
> have written to file object as a string?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Florian

You can also look at example 3 here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctest#Example_3:_unique_words.py