From: Johny on
Can anyone suggest a way how to balance load on Apache server where I
have Python scripts running?
For example I have 3 webservers( Apache servers) and I would like to
sent user's request to one of the three server depending on a load on
the server.
Thank you .
L.

From: Jean-Paul Calderone on

http://pythondirector.sourceforge.net/ might be interesting.

From: Bruno Desthuilliers on
Jean-Paul Calderone a �crit :
> On 5 Mar 2007 11:47:15 -0800, Johny <python(a)hope.cz> wrote:
>
>> Can anyone suggest a way how to balance load on Apache server where I
>> have Python scripts running?
>> For example I have 3 webservers( Apache servers) and I would like to
>> sent user's request to one of the three server depending on a load on
>> the server.
>> Thank you .
>> L.
>>

> http://pythondirector.sourceforge.net/ might be interesting.

See also pound:
http://www.apsis.ch/pound/

From: Michael on
Johny wrote:

> Can anyone suggest a way how to balance load on Apache server where I
> have Python scripts running?
> For example I have 3 webservers( Apache servers) and I would like to
> sent user's request to one of the three server depending on a load on
> the server.

To be honest, you're best looking at the Linux Virtual Server project. It's
really cool technology and scales extremely well. You can do things at a
higher level, but LVS does work and scale extremely well. VS-TUN is
particularly useful if you have an unusual network topology.

http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/

Michael.

From: sjpiii on
"Johny" <python(a)hope.cz> wrote in message
> Can anyone suggest a way how to balance load on Apache server where I
> have Python scripts running?
> For example I have 3 webservers( Apache servers) and I would like to
> sent user's request to one of the three server depending on a load on
> the server.
> Thank you .
> L.

I believe you can do this with mod_proxy and mod_proxy_balancer within
apache itself. I have not tried it, but the documentation is here:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_proxy_balancer.html

Jp