From: LionsDome on
On Dec 10, 10:10 am, LionsDome <AKhemchand...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Dec 6, 8:53 pm, "Mr. Arnold" <MR. Arn...(a)Arnold.com> wrote:
>

> > "LionsDome" <AKhemchand...(a)gmail.com> wrote in message

> > > Thanks for response. The values are saved to the database and the
> > > values based on the selected checkboxes get repopulated when the page
> > > is loaded. I set the ViewState for all the checkboxes on the pages to
> > > false and the Page.ViewState to false on page load and I am still
> > > unable to get it to work. Am I missing something here?
>
> > Is the repopulation of the control being done at PostBack from the database,
> > and you sure data is being saved to the database?- Hide quoted text -

> When you load the page the first and lets assume the database table is
> empty with no records in there. You can select a few checkboxes and
> hit the submit button and the values get saved and the page is then
> reloaded. When you hit the submit button a second time and select
> different checkboxes for soem reason the same checkboxes that were
> selected in the first goaround are the only ones that get updated into
> the table. Each submit clears out the table for that particular record
> id (We have upto 6 different record Id's that user can select from the
> dropdown) so I know for a fact that the same ones are getting
> populated over and over again. Based on your suggestion, I set the
> Viewstate property to false for each checkbox on the page and also set
> the page viewstate property to false. I hope I was a little clear in
> helping you to understand my problem.
>
> Thanks for taking the time out to help me thru this. I really
> appreciate it a lot.
>
> Anil- Hide quoted text -

Mr. Arnold,

Not sure if you read my reply to your previous posting. I was hoping
to get more feedback from you.

From: "Mr. Arnold" MR. on

"LionsDome" <AKhemchandani(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> On Dec 10, 10:10 am, LionsDome <AKhemchand...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Dec 6, 8:53 pm, "Mr. Arnold" <MR. Arn...(a)Arnold.com> wrote:
>>

>> > "LionsDome" <AKhemchand...(a)gmail.com> wrote in message

>> > Is the repopulation of the control being done at PostBack from the
>> > database,
>> > and you sure data is being saved to the database?- Hide quoted text -

>> When you load the page the first and lets assume the database table is
>> empty with no records in there. You can select a few checkboxes and
>> hit the submit button and the values get saved and the page is then
>> reloaded. When you hit the submit button a second time and select
>> different checkboxes for soem reason the same checkboxes that were
>> selected in the first goaround are the only ones that get updated into
>> the table. Each submit clears out the table for that particular record
>> id (We have upto 6 different record Id's that user can select from the
>> dropdown) so I know for a fact that the same ones are getting
>> populated over and over again. Based on your suggestion, I set the
>> Viewstate property to false for each checkbox on the page and also set
>> the page viewstate property to false. I hope I was a little clear in
>> helping you to understand my problem.
>>
>> Thanks for taking the time out to help me thru this. I really
>> appreciate it a lot.
>>
>> Anil- Hide quoted text -

> Mr. Arnold,
>
> Not sure if you read my reply to your previous posting. I was hoping
> to get more feedback from you.
>
> When you load the page the first and lets assume the database table
> is
> empty with no records in there. You can select a few checkboxes and
> hit the submit button and the values get saved and the page is then
> reloaded. When you hit the submit button a second time and select
> different checkboxes for soem reason the same checkboxes that were
> selected in the first goaround are the only ones that get updated
> into
> the table. Each submit clears out the table for that particular
> record
> id (We have upto 6 different record Id's that user can select from
> the
> dropdown) so I know for a fact that the same ones are getting
> populated over and over again. Based on your suggestion, I set the
> Viewstate property to false for each checkbox on the page and also
> set
> the page viewstate property to false. I hope I was a little clear in
> helping you to understand my problem.

It seems to me that you have not saved the values to the database. It could
be that you are not trigging the method that saves the values to the
database possibly. Maybe, you need to use a Session object to hold this
information on round trips. Yes, you have to save data and read data from a
database. But does it mean that you must hold state by saving state data to
the database?

From: LionsDome on
On Dec 14, 5:04 pm, "Mr. Arnold" <MR. Arn...(a)Arnold.com> wrote:
> "LionsDome" <AKhemchand...(a)gmail.com> wrote in message

> >> When you load the page the first and lets assume the database table is
> >> empty with no records in there. You can select a few checkboxes and
> >> hit the submit button and the values get saved and the page is then
> >> reloaded. When you hit the submit button a second time and select
> >> different checkboxes for soem reason the same checkboxes that were
> >> selected in the first goaround are the only ones that get updated into
> >> the table. Each submit clears out the table for that particular record
> >> id (We have upto 6 different record Id's that user can select from the
> >> dropdown) so I know for a fact that the same ones are getting
> >> populated over and over again. Based on your suggestion, I set the
> >> Viewstate property to false for each checkbox on the page and also set
> >> the page viewstate property to false. I hope I was a little clear in
> >> helping you to understand my problem.
>
> >> Thanks for taking the time out to help me thru this. I really
> >> appreciate it a lot.
>
> >> Anil- Hide quoted text -

> > Mr. Arnold,
>
> > Not sure if you read my reply to your previous posting. I was hoping
> > to get more feedback from you.
>
> > When you load the page the first and lets assume the database table
> > is
> > empty with no records in there. You can select a few checkboxes and
> > hit the submit button and the values get saved and the page is then
> > reloaded. When you hit the submit button a second time and select
> > different checkboxes for soem reason the same checkboxes that were
> > selected in the first goaround are the only ones that get updated
> > into
> > the table. Each submit clears out the table for that particular
> > record
> > id (We have upto 6 different record Id's that user can select from
> > the
> > dropdown) so I know for a fact that the same ones are getting
> > populated over and over again. Based on your suggestion, I set the
> > Viewstate property to false for each checkbox on the page and also
> > set
> > the page viewstate property to false. I hope I was a little clear in
> > helping you to understand my problem.
>
> It seems to me that you have not saved the values to the database. It could
> be that you are not trigging the method that saves the values to the
> database possibly. Maybe, you need to use a Session object to hold this
> information on round trips. Yes, you have to save data and read data from a
> database. But does it mean that you must hold state by saving state data to
> the database?- Hide quoted text -

Mr. Arnold,

Thanks for the response. On the first go around when the table is
empty, the data is saved. I have verified that already. The second
time a user makes a change to the page, I am deleting the existing
recordset and save the data again with the new changes. It is in the
second go around that the changes are not being saved and the original
values selected in the first go around is onyl getting saved
repeatedly. It is here that I was seeking your guidance in trying to
determine why the changes are not getting saved.

Anil
From: "Mr. Arnold" MR. on

"LionsDome" <AKhemchandani(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
news:71f0f9ac-3286-412e-b59a->> - Show quoted >
> Mr. Arnold,
>
> Thanks for the response. On the first go around when the table is
> empty, the data is saved. I have verified that already. The second
> time a user makes a change to the page, I am deleting the existing
> recordset and save the data again with the new changes. It is in the
> second go around that the changes are not being saved and the original
> values selected in the first go around is onyl getting saved
> repeatedly. It is here that I was seeking your guidance in trying to
> determine why the changes are not getting saved.

What do you mean you have deleted the existing recordset? Either you
selected the record, you got its record-id, and you did a delete by
record-id to delete the record.

I'll assume that you have a try/catch in this routine, and in fact, you know
that the record has been deleted, the routine is not blowing-up and is
leaving the existing record that you keep accessing each time, because the
application blew and you don't know about it.

From: LionsDome on
On Dec 17, 5:30 pm, "Mr. Arnold" <MR. Arn...(a)Arnold.com> wrote:
> "LionsDome" <AKhemchand...(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
>
> news:71f0f9ac-3286-412e-b59a->> - Show quoted >
>
> > Mr. Arnold,
>
> > Thanks for the response. On the first go around when the table is
> > empty, the data is saved. I have verified that already. The second
> > time a user makes a change to the page, I am deleting the existing
> > recordset and save the data again with the new changes. It is in the
> > second go around that the changes are not being saved and the original
> > values selected in the first go around is onyl getting saved
> > repeatedly. It is here that I was seeking your guidance in trying to
> > determine why the changes are not getting saved.
>
> What do you mean you have deleted the existing recordset? Either you
> selected the record, you got its record-id, and you did a delete by
> record-id to delete the record.
>
> I'll assume that you have a try/catch in this routine, and in fact, you know
> that the record has been deleted, the routine is not blowing-up and is
> leaving the existing record that you keep accessing each time, because the
> application blew and you don't know about it.

Well the page has a dropdown and each dropdown has checkboxes. Each
item in the dropdown has an id associated with it. On the first go
around the id does not exist in the table and if it does exist I have
something in place that deletes all values based on that id. I have
checked this in debug mode and it is working fine. Once the Id has
been deleted, it then reinserts the values in the table. But on the
second go around it inserts the same values it did in the first
goaround regardless of what other checkboxes you might hve checked or
unchecked.

For a fact I know its not blowing up. So there must be something else
in the routine or session that just retains the values selected in the
first goaround. Maybe this is only happening with checkboxes?
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: MSBuild Error MSB3422
Next: Creating Install for Services