From: Ian on
It's not really anything to do with Vista. There are simply some problems
using MSComm32 with some virtual com ports. This generally happens when using
virtual com port drivers with usb-to-bluetooth or IR etc.

You'll know when you have this problem because you'll be able to send data
but when you call Input you'll trigger a runtime 8020 error.

Using a control such as comm32.ocx there is a property you can use to avoid
the problem.

From: Ian on

"Ian" wrote:

> It's not really anything to do with Vista. There are simply some problems
> using MSComm32 with some virtual com ports. This generally happens when using
> virtual com port drivers with usb-to-bluetooth or IR etc.
>
> You'll know when you have this problem because you'll be able to send data
> but when you call Input you'll trigger a runtime 8020 error.
>
> Using a control such as comm32.ocx there is a property you can use to avoid
> the problem.

Sorry, in my previous post I gave the wrong link - it should be:-