From: Inquisitive1 on
I have some code that works properly in one database that I have
pulled into another database, but it does not work in the other
database. I am not experienced enough to resolve the issue. I have
feeling that it has to do with references, but I am at a loss at how
to fix it. I did make the references match in the new database, but
that did not fix the problem (there is code that uses both ADO and
DAO). I would greatly appreiciate any
assistance!!

The Available references selected (in priority order) in the database
where the code IS NOT working are below.
Visual Basic For Applications
Microsoft Access 11.0 Object Library
Mircrosoft Excel 11.0 Object Library
OLE Automation
Microsoft ADO Ext. 2.8 for DDL and Security
Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 2.1 Library
Microsoft DAO 3.6 Object Library

The Available references selected (in priority order) in the database
where the code IS working are below.
Visual Basic For Applications
Microsoft Access 11.0 Object Library
Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 2.1 Library
OLE Automation
Microsoft ADO Ext. 2.8 for DDL and Security
Microsoft DAO 3.6 Object Library

Here is the code:

Option Compare Database
Option Explicit
Dim sQueryName As String
---------------------------------------------------------------------------­----------
Public Function ConfirmCertStatus()
DoCmd.SetWarnings False

If ValidCertStat() Then
DoCmd.RunMacro "mcr_SCL_CustomStatusProcessing"
Else
DoCmd.Hourglass False
MsgBox "An unknown cert status has been provided.",
vbInformation, "Unknown Certification Status"
End If
DoCmd.Hourglass False

End Function
---------------------------------------------------------------------------­----------
Private Function ValidCertStat() As Boolean

On Error GoTo Err_ValidCertStat

Dim cmd As ADODB.Command
Dim rst As ADODB.Recordset
Dim prm As ADODB.Parameter

ValidCertStat = True

DoCmd.SetWarnings False

sQueryName = "1-UnknownCertStatusInSCLUpdateHistory"

Set rst = New Recordset
rst.CursorLocation = adUseClient
rst.CursorType = adOpenDynamic

Set cmd = New Command
cmd.ActiveConnection = CurrentProject.Connection
cmd.CommandText = sQueryName
cmd.CommandType = adCmdTable

rst.Open cmd

If rst.RecordCount > 0 Then
ValidCertStat = False
End If

rst.Close
Set rst = Nothing
Set cmd = Nothing

Exit_ValidCertStat:
Exit Function

Err_ValidCertStat:
ValidCertStat = False
Resume Exit_ValidCertStat

End Function

From: Rich P on
you need to update MDAC

>Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 2.1 Library

to Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 2.5 Library or higher

Here is an article that focuses on MDAC 2.6

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-1697291.php

You can also download MDAC 2.6 from here (I believe)

HTH

Rich

From: Inquisitive1 on
On Apr 12, 11:23 am, Rich P <rpng...(a)aol.com> wrote:
> you need to update MDAC
>
> >Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 2.1 Library
>
> to Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 2.5 Library or higher
>
> Here is an article that focuses on MDAC 2.6
>
> http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-1697291.php
>
> You can also download MDAC 2.6 from here (I believe)
>
> HTH
>
> Rich
>
> *** Sent via Developersdexhttp://www.developersdex.com***

Rich,

That did not work. I left everything the same and changed the query
name by removing the "1-". Everything works fine now. Why is it that
the code runs when the query/table name does not begin with a number?
This is very odd.