From: Naro25 on
Hello all,

I am an absolute beginner to VB and trying to write a one off program. I
wonder could someone please help me with the following simple code. My issue
is I wrote a working code to automate an animation within powerpoint i.e VBA
and need to transfer it to a user form in VB2008 so that a simple button
click will open ppt and perform the following actions.
The code to open powerpoint with a blank side and apply the ppt object
library isnt a problem, just a continuous list of error in below code about
activewindow and msoTrue/False not defined.

Any help with this matter would be extremely appreciated!

Sub ImportPicRenameLocateAnimate2()

Dim oSlide As Slide
Dim oPicture As shape
Dim shp1 As shape
Dim sResponse As String
Dim interEffect As Effect

ActiveWindow.View.GotoSlide 1

Set oSlide = ActiveWindow.Presentation.Slides(1)
Set oPicture = oSlide.Shapes.AddPicture("X.JPG", _
msoFalse, msoTrue, 1, 1, 1, 1)
' Now scale the picture to full size, with "Relative to original
' picture size" set to true for both height and width.
oPicture.ScaleHeight 1, msoTrue
oPicture.ScaleWidth 1, msoTrue

Set shp1 =
ActiveWindow.Selection.SlideRange.Shapes.AddShape(msoShapeRectangle, 104.88,
326.75, 198.38, 102#)
With shp1
.Name = "Zone1"
.Fill.Transparency = 1#
.Line.Visible = msoFalse
.Height = 141.75
.Width = 141.75
End With

With ActivePresentation.Slides(1).TimeLine.InteractiveSequences.Add(1)
Set interEffect = .AddEffect(shp1, msoAnimEffectFly, _
trigger:=msoAnimTriggerOnShapeClick)
interEffect.shape = oPicture

With interEffect
.EffectParameters.Direction = msoAnimDirectionLeft
.Timing.Duration = 0.5
End With
End With

With ActivePresentation.Slides(1).TimeLine.InteractiveSequences.Add(1)
Set interEffect = .AddEffect(shp1, msoAnimEffectFly, _
trigger:=msoAnimTriggerOnShapeClick)
interEffect.shape = oPicture

With interEffect
.EffectParameters.Direction = msoAnimDirectionLeft
.Timing.Duration = 0.5
.Exit = msoTrue
End With
End With

With ActivePresentation.PageSetup
oPicture.Select
End With

'Rename image'
With ActiveWindow.Selection.ShapeRange(1)
sResponse = InputBox("new name ...", "Rename Shape", .Name)
Select Case sResponse
' blank names not allowed
Case Is = ""
Exit Sub
' no change?
Case Is = .Name
Exit Sub
Case Else
On Error Resume Next
.Name = sResponse
If Err.Number <> 0 Then
MsgBox "Unable to rename this shape"
End If
End Select
End With

With ActivePresentation.Slides(1).Shapes("X")
.Top = 0
.Left = 0
.Height = 271.75
.Width = 453.38
.Line.Visible = msoTrue
.Line.ForeColor.SchemeColor = ppForeground
.Line.BackColor.RGB = RGB(255, 255, 255)
End With

End Sub

From: Steve Rindsberg on
In article <653FEC6A-F658-4378-AB93-81C3AFBBB9B6(a)microsoft.com>, Naro25 wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am an absolute beginner to VB and trying to write a one off program. I
> wonder could someone please help me with the following simple code. My issue
> is I wrote a working code to automate an animation within powerpoint i.e VBA
> and need to transfer it to a user form in VB2008 so that a simple button
> click will open ppt and perform the following actions.
> The code to open powerpoint with a blank side and apply the ppt object
> library isnt a problem, just a continuous list of error in below code about
> activewindow and msoTrue/False not defined.

I don't use VB.net of any vintage so can't give you exact instructions, but it
might help if you posted your code to open PPT etc. Presumably it's getting an
object reference to the PowerPoint app and presentation, and most likely the
code below needs to be modified to work with that object reference; right now,
it's written to run within PowerPoint.

> [...]
> Select Case sResponse
> ' blank names not allowed
> Case Is = ""
> Exit Sub
> ' no change?
> Case Is = .Name
> Exit Sub
> Case Else
> On Error Resume Next
> .Name = sResponse
> If Err.Number <> 0 Then
> MsgBox "Unable to rename this shape"
> End If
> End Select
> End With
>
> With ActivePresentation.Slides(1).Shapes("X")
> .Top = 0
> .Left = 0
> .Height = 271.75
> .Width = 453.38
> .Line.Visible = msoTrue
> .Line.ForeColor.SchemeColor = ppForeground
> .Line.BackColor.RGB = RGB(255, 255, 255)

==============================
PPT Frequently Asked Questions
http://www.pptfaq.com/

PPTools add-ins for PowerPoint
http://www.pptools.com/

From: Naro25 on
Many thanks for your input Steve. I have the same question posted on VBforums
but can't get a response there either. IYO can you recommend the best port of
call forum for this?

Thanks.

From: Steve Rindsberg on
In article <1AFE12B6-D5F2-4644-8A0D-45269A71638F(a)microsoft.com>, Naro25 wrote:
> Many thanks for your input Steve. I have the same question posted on VBforums
> but can't get a response there either. IYO can you recommend the best port of
> call forum for this?

This might be as good a place as any, but again, unless we can see how you're
opening PPT and the presentation and so on, we can't help. The exact error message
might be a good thing to post also.