From: bobby on
I hope this isnt' OT.

I have verizon.net for my ISP.

Beyond the regular email address, it offers both sub-accounts and
aliases, for free.

First, I created an alias, and now I'm trying to log in with Eudora 7
to fetch my email. It asks for the password and I give it the same
password as I use in general. But I get a password error.

When I created the alias, it had no place to enter a new password. So
doesn't that mean I'm supposed to use the same password I always use?
OTOH, it said that for a sub-account, I would need to enter a new
password and settings. I don't want to bother doing that, and there
is no need for extra security.

Second, in general, I don't know what the real difference is between
aliases and sub-accounts, but mostly I just want to be able to get my
email before I give out the address.

Thanks.
From: bobby on
On Sat, 15 May 2010 17:14:16 -0400, bobby(a)invalid.com wrote:

>I hope this isnt' OT.
>
>I have verizon.net for my ISP.
>
>Beyond the regular email address, it offers both sub-accounts and
>aliases, for free.
>
>First, I created an alias, and now I'm trying to log in with Eudora 7
>to fetch my email. It asks for the password and I give it the same
>password as I use in general. But I get a password error.
>
>When I created the alias, it had no place to enter a new password. So
>doesn't that mean I'm supposed to use the same password I always use?
>OTOH, it said that for a sub-account, I would need to enter a new
>password and settings. I don't want to bother doing that, and there
>is no need for extra security.
>
>Second, in general, I don't know what the real difference is between
>aliases and sub-accounts, but mostly I just want to be able to get my
>email before I give out the address.
>
>Thanks.

Never mind. It was my username, in the personality, not the password
at all. The error message was looking for an email address that
didn't exist, since I didn't put in the whole userid in the username
field. I forgot what it was meant for.