From: Jan Ogg on
I have a VLOOKUP on one worksheet =VLOOKUP(A1,'Tasks'!A1:C17,2,FALSE) which
refers to looking up the 2nd column of the reference A1 on the sheet that the
formula resides, but it only returns the formula not the requested
information. My other columns work fine. The cell that A1 refers to is a
drop down list but in the template it is as well. Any help?
From: T. Valko on
Sounds like the cell is formatted as TEXT.

Change the cell format to General. Then, with the cell still selected hit
function key F2 then hit Enter.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP