From: Steve on

A B
2010082 4/3/10
2010091 4/10/10
2010092 4/17/10
2010101 4/24/10
2010102 5/1/10
2010111 5/8/10

From: Glenn on
Steve wrote:
> Sorry 'bout that. Somehow it got send too early.
> Here is my table representing A = Pay Period Week, B = Sat date of week begin.
> If I manually enter any date, e.g., 4/8/10, in I need the lookup to produce
> the A3, because 4/8 is in that week. 4/10 to produce A4, 4/16 to produce A5,
> etc.
> Something like if >= B3 but <b4, then A3.
>
> row A B
> 3 2010082 4/3/10
> 4 2010091 4/10/10
> 5 2010092 4/17/10
> 6 2010101 4/24/10
> 7 2010102 5/1/10
> 8 2010111 5/8/10
>
> Thanks,
>
> Steve

First, if you want to use VLOOKUP, put the dates in column A and the pay period
week in column B. Then, use the TRUE option for "range_lookup" in the VLOOKUP
formula. See the help file for details.
From: Glenn on
Steve wrote:
> Sorry 'bout that. Somehow it got send too early.
> Here is my table representing A = Pay Period Week, B = Sat date of week begin.
> If I manually enter any date, e.g., 4/8/10, in I need the lookup to produce
> the A3, because 4/8 is in that week. 4/10 to produce A4, 4/16 to produce A5,
> etc.
> Something like if >= B3 but <b4, then A3.
>
> row A B
> 3 2010082 4/3/10
> 4 2010091 4/10/10
> 5 2010092 4/17/10
> 6 2010101 4/24/10
> 7 2010102 5/1/10
> 8 2010111 5/8/10
>
> Thanks,
>
> Steve

If you can't change the order of the columns to fit the requirements of VLOOKUP,
try this (with your date in D8):

=INDEX(A3:A8,MATCH(D8,B3:B8,1))
From: Jacob Skaria on
Hi Steve