From: slhaye on
It was formatted as General, but it did not work until I hit F2. Not sure
how F2 made it work - - but it did. Thank you!

From: Gord Dibben on
You were told by Dave and myself to "re-enter" the formula.

F2 puts you in editing mode. Then Enter re-enters the formula.

Gord

On Tue, 18 May 2010 14:05:02 -0700, slhaye
<slhaye(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>It was formatted as General, but it did not work until I hit F2. Not sure
>how F2 made it work - - but it did. Thank you!
>
>"Dave Peterson" wrote:
>
>> If you're seeing the formula and not the results of the formula, it could be:
>>
>> 1. The cell is formatted as Text.
>> Reformat the cell as General (or anything but text)
>> Hit F2, then Enter to "re-enter" the formula.
>>
>> 2. You're looking at formulas.
>> In xl2003 menus, tools|Options|View tab|Uncheck Formulas
>>
>> In any version of excel, hit:
>> ctrl-`
>> (ctrl-backquote, the key to the left of the 1/! on my USA keyboard)
>>

>> On 05/18/2010 14:49, slhaye wrote:
>> > When I type in the VLookup formula and hit enter, the cell will not display
>> > the result - it displays the formula. Then, when I copy it to the cells
>> > below, none of the cell references change.
>> >
>> > Here is the formula: =VLOOKUP(C2,Sheet1!A:B,2,false)
>> >
>> > I made this same formula in an older file and it worked fine. Why won't it
>> > work in this new spreadsheet? I think something happened to the settings,
>> > but I don't know where to go to fix it.
>> .

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2