From: Marty Felker on
On 01/06/2010 12:56 PM, central wrote:
> Right then, everything is now working in 11.2 / KDE4 that I need,
> except...
> After a long struggle I finally gave up on vmserver and, after the kernel
> update, tried vmplayer again - and this time it works! Well, almost: if I
> start it as a regular user, none of my existing vm's will start. I get a
> brief flash of a window to tease me, and then nothing, and no output in
> the terminal when I start it from the cli to give me a hint. From root,
> no problem. Permissions on the directory the vm's are in are all set to
> user, and in the server interface I used in 11.0 at least some of the
> vm's are set as user.
>

> Anyone see what I missed? Please?

Some of these exact problems have been discussed and fixed (and at
least for me)for Fedora 12 through the VMware Player forums on VMware.
For exalmple sometimes disabling SELinux will help. In other cases
moving a mozilla file cured the problem (sorry I don't have the exact
information but you should be able to find it on the VMplayer list by
searching for Fedora 12.Wheether on not thses workarounds will work for
openSUSE I don't know because I had no problems with it.

Marty Felker